Trailer woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this alongside the road outside of TOK, Alaska last week. Really wanted to help but couldn't figure out how. With winter coming folks are making a last of the season dash to Alaska...

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_PICT0025.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_PICT0024.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. The leaves in the background are purty.

2. You must be worn out if you go back and forth to AK as much as it seems like you do from your posts.

3. The owners might have a hard winter if that reflects on their preparation. That doesn't look like a rig I'd want to even take across town. Looks like the best thing they could do is put all that crap including the small trailer on a bigger trailer.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3. The owners might have a hard winter if that reflects on their preparation. That doesn't look like a rig I'd want to even take across town. Looks like the best thing they could do is put all that crap including the small trailer on a bigger trailer.

I wouldn't even attach that thing to my truck... :saywhat:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my comment would be that some people have to do what they have resources to do. If a single axle trailer was all they could do.......
It obvious they had way too much weight on the tongue of the trailer, and the metal fatigued, causing the break.
I hope they got back and got their stuff was still there.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a snowmachine trailer. And I was gonna offer my JB Weld and bailing wire but then that could have left me stranded. He said he had help coming. This is my 3rd driving trip to Alaska this year and my last until next spring. It's was a 4222 mile trip in 6 1/2 days. I used the shortcut up the Cassiar Highway. The fall colors were just a poppin !!!!

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_fallcolors.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom