training class question / rant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My actual complaint is these instructors complain about people get the carry permit then don't do any further training ,but they don't offer training those people would take

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see your point but I disagree that they don't offer training people will take.

The list of shooting instructors in this state is long, and I'd venture to say their classes are nearly always full.

Maybe they've missed a niche market though. If I were you I'd call a few of them and have a discussion about putting together such a class. Will is very approachable. I'd start with him.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My actual complaint is these instructors complain about people get the carry permit then don't do any further training ,but they don't offer training those people would take

just getting the carry permit isn't really what Id call "training". Has she had formal training? If your wife has had basic pistol instruction from a instructor or training group, then I think some training with her actual gun could be sought, but until them, borrowing your gun for a class is a valid suggestion by that guy, imo.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thought I'd offer is that there is more to advanced training that just how to operate a particular pistol. There's mindset, defensive tactics, general malfunction clearing, trigger control/reset, etc. that can apply to everyone regardless of the type of firearm. Maybe getting this foundation and then fine tuning for a particular carry style and weapon could work.

Edit to add; one thing some classes teach is that in a real fight you may not end up with the luxury of using your own weapon, you may end up having to use someone else's and having a foundation that will work for most weapons might be a good thing.

TsFinest

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
probably, more of a chance to shoot at the various targets and obstacles in various situations probably. Don't know though. With the internet there's a lot of training videos, but just got to get out and shoot that ammo i guess. Does anyone remember how much ammo was 20 years ago? Just curious what is the price per round today vs 20 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom