Training Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 2c is you will be better off to spend your $ on Training first!!
There are a few classes at the OKC gun club that would help you more than any dvd. IMHO.
Having someone help you hands on is well worth the $$.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is interesting that you said this as I was leaning towards the Burkett videos. Can you elaborate as to why they are no good and why the Kirsch videos are good?

cause burketts head is huge and you get to see him berate kevin elpers (his assistant). Kind of do it this way, because I do it this way.

they are not entirely useless; if you see a set on enos used, thats whan Id snag them.

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they are not entirely useless; if you see a set on enos used, thats whan Id snag them.

Agreed, or borrow a set.
I like the 3GM videos.

One thing about videos, some people can learn by watching, some cant.
For me, they made me think of stuff that I hadnt considered yet...they dont give you answers, they just get you to ask the right questions.

I dont pay so much attn to the "Do it this way" stuff. Instead, I see it as "Oh, so thats what needs to get done, there are several ways to do it,
what works for me?"
Also, I found, that so much that I've seen in videos made sense after I took a class..."Oh, so thats what its supposed to be like"

But, I'm an information junkie, I watch the vids, read the books, take the classes, shoot lots of matches, watch the good shooters, pester them for info, everything.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with mhop. The 3GM videos have good information and are presented by 3 different Grand Masters so if one doesn't click maybe the way one of the others presents it will. Even Saul Kirsches match videos have some good tips, such as why the stage was shot the way it was.
I didn't care for Matt Burketts videos. He didn't explain things very well, it was more 'watch what I can do'.
I really liked Sauls book 'Thinking Practical Shooting' and Steve Andersons dryfire book.
G

mhop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the reasons for sauls over burketts is sauls videos were made in 2007 and burketts were made in the middle 90's. burketts videos are good if you want to use them and arent taking any classes but you will learn most of the stuff in burketts videos from the ussa class. sauls videos has him self demoing the skill and then shows a pro shooter doing what he just said at a nationals match and then he goes to the class and shows the class doing it and he is coaching them thru the class. sauls videos will be more current with the way stages are shoot today, burketts was made when they still used boxes for stages.

here is how i watched the dvds. i watched him demonstrate it and then show the pro shooter and then listened to him coach the class didnt want to reinforce any bad habits the students were doing. if i was you i would buy sauls 3 dvds watch the mental game one as soon as it came in then attend the classes and then sit down and watch sauls first 2 videos and also tactics of the 2007 nationals with angus in it. after the class and watching the 2 videos you will learned it first hand and then seen it on video

saul has the best book on practical shooting (brian's is not an easy read) out now and it is thinking practical shooting, if you get this you dont have to worry and getting with winning in mind or any of the mental management stuff because he is using all there info (not sure if he has permission or not) plus it has lots of more info in it about competing. there you have all my secrets now go and beat me

Latest posts

Top Bottom