Training Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are looking for a detailed look at the mechanics of competition shooting techniques, check out Ron Avery's series.

I think he gives excellent explanations and it is obvious that he has had training in adult education.

I preferred his to Burkett's and Kirsch's but YMMV.

Believe it or not, I got a ton out of the John Shaw Combat Pistol tape and Lenny Magill's interview sessions with GM's in How to Shoot Fast and Accurately eleven years ago when I first viewed them.

Depending on where you are in your shooting development you may find one series better than another.

Michael Brown

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was kinda disappointed in Burkett's videos (have them all). Haven't seen Kirsch's or Avery's yet, but they are "on the wish list".

Even though I didn't care for Burkett's presentation of the material, I did learn something from but I was a fairly new shooter back then. Like others have pointed out, a lot of whether you get anything from videos or not is where you are and what you are trying to accomplish.

Happy shooting!

Latest posts

Top Bottom