Trap line in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So after 40+ coons so far this season between my daughter and myself trapping........all of my dp's will be painted white before next season. Always set out our dp's in pairs mostly and a couple of times in sets of three. Have out some white or brown Z Traps, and several Lil Griz which are a powder coat green/light silver color. We made sure that at least one in the group was a white one. The majority of the time we'd catch two coons at each location, so it's impossible to tell which trap got hit first without a cam..........but whenever we had a single catch at a location, the coon was always in a white one.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after 40+ coons so far this season between my daughter and myself trapping........all of my dp's will be painted white before next season. Always set out our dp's in pairs mostly and a couple of times in sets of three. Have out some white or brown Z Traps, and several Lil Griz which are a powder coat green/light silver color. We made sure that at least one in the group was a white one. The majority of the time we'd catch two coons at each location, so it's impossible to tell which trap got hit first without a cam..........but whenever we had a single catch at a location, the coon was always in a white one.
Racist!

Totally kidding

BuckRoar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coon track.jpg

I can now upload pics!
Here is the pic of the track of the coon that stole one of my DP traps. Tracked as far as we could with fleeting light/time available.
I put a have a heart in that area along with other DPs to see if we can catch him.

Rookie learning curve!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
8 Lil Griz and 14 Z Traps. Only had cat cages out for a few nights, and usually catch a few coons in them too, but none this year, just a cat. Had cam pics of a lot of coons at my corn/wheat piles during season, sometimes up to 10 or more in a pic, but ironically, only caught 6 coons at two different piles in the 5 days they were set there. All the rest, were set in pairs or three's along creeks(most were dry), fence rows between fields and creeks and around ponds. Dry cat food and crayfish oil, caught a couple on a large marshmallow on the trigger. Weather was terrible for coon trappers this year. There was couple of those cold weeks where they were denned up and just didn't move.

These two traps produced two coons every night five nights in a row. Set up on a ledge above a creek and timber, just to the left out of the pic is a cut milo field. South wind blew the crayfish oil north into the timber, or they would run into the traps walking down the two track next to the field.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_5058_1388277681920_zpscc333fac.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa Baby! that's a batch of coons!!
The upland birds can take a breath of fresh air with that harvest.:wink2:

You must have a heck of a freezer.

Now I'm thinking what your daughter told the class when the topic comes up:

What did you do over the holidays. LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom