Trap line in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She learned pretty quickly how far a coon could reach past the catch circle........I think she thought poor coon at first, until the first one came across the catch circle at her, grabbed the end of the .22 barrel and about yanked it out of her hands!:D It was a huge boar and wasn't messing around.

I bet!! Nothing like a pissed off boar coon, as someone who used to hunt coons with hounds I can relate.....my old male redbone was missing half of his left ear thanks to a big ol boar, I have a bunch of great memories of coonhunting....and probably half a million bad ones! Lol

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet!! Nothing like a pissed off boar coon, as someone who used to hunt coons with hounds I can relate.....my old male redbone was missing half of his left ear thanks to a big ol boar, I have a bunch of great memories of coonhunting....and probably half a million bad ones! Lol

Lots o truth here. I was young when we coon hunted. The coon hunting crowd is a rough bunch. I owned no dogs so we had to go with others. If I know now what I didn't know then I would never have gone with some of them. Also, the whole trespassing thing as far as dogs running coon onto others land is enough for me not to do it now.

One of my favorite stories is we turned out dogs (blueticks and walkers) one night somewhat close to town. Dogs were running track hard and baying along the way. Ice started to fall and we lost sound. Of course you just drive sections and burn fuel till you hear them and after a while we had a faint sound of them still running....-toward the city (there was an old landfill that was probably full of coon down there). Anyway, there was an area of town that lets say is a little more "urban" in nature and not the best for caucasion teens to be out in late on a weekend night (or at least so the local legends said so). To make a long story short we arrived at a lower income appartment complex about the same time as a coon crawled up a gutter and a blueticks feet hit someones front door full (baying treed).

Then there was the time of the badger chasing us, and then the one about treeing in a farmers bard at 2am and him coming in with a semi-auto, or the time where a leg was hit on a random tpost while on full run in a middle of a pasture , or .....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots o truth here. the whole trespassing thing as far as dogs running coon onto others land is enough for me not to do it now.

Like you, I did it once when a kid with my dad on an invite.

Pretty fun at the time, but we have major problems with coon hunters thinking after dark the woods/creeks belong to them running their dogs through our deer areas.

The guy I hunt on has had several of them ticketed. Told them if they would have asked, they might have got permission when it wasn't deer season. But they didn't even ask.
I've ran on to them after dark when coming back from the farm after a long day, and wondered if they have had permission. I'll bet not.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Set some cuffs and cages right here behind the house. Got a large family of overweight coon and these ....
i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_IMAG0595_zpsd3bb8157.jpg

i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_IMAG0660_zps34817a15.jpg

i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_IMAG0555_zpsc99d8c85.jpg

i1150.photobucket.com_albums_o603_justin_h635_IMAG0502_zps2b8a8d5a.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I mention I hate skunks...
Same here. I finally got the little ***** (I got her two kits last fall) that was stinking up my dad's hay barn; Mr. Benelli introduced Mr. Winchester and Mr. Remington to her as she high-tailed it across the yard toward the barn--a load of #7 birdshot knocked her down and a load of 00 buck finished the job. It was actually a pretty lucky shot, as she was moving pretty quickly at somewhere beyond 50 feet while I was also moving and trying to aim the tacticool scattergun by flashlight...

Latest posts

Top Bottom