Tri-City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jholmes

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a member and am not renewing. What changed my mind was the fact that I believe there are 1000 members that spend 100 dollars a year which is obviously 100,000 dollars a year. Honestly that range could be alot better with that kinda of money. As for competitions, I'm gonna join OKC gun club, to me it is worth the drive.

Just in the short time I have been a member the club has made significant improvements.

They have upgraded the pistol and short range, added a new stat house and put in a skeet/trap range. This year they are going to update the long range and put in another trap/skeet range.

You are right that there are over a thousand members......but not all of them pay $100 for membership. Working members pay only $80 and spousal memberships are only $25. It is still al lot of money, but I don't see it being wasted.

Also what other club lets you bring as many guests as you want through out the year?

It is a good club and I am glad to be a member.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....but I don't see it being wasted.

Also what other club lets you bring as many guests as you want through out the year?

It is a good club and I am glad to be a member.

Me too! Well worth my $80.00 a year working membership fee.

Many of the membership openings each year are from people moving. There are lots from Tinker that are members. I've been told you can expect 100-125 openings but you won't get notified until the deadline passes for members to renew.

reich10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey joesglock, i agree, I don't think the money is necessarily being wasted, I guess I'm just saying that certain things that I believe make a range good are over looked. For instance a rifle range needs to have good solid benches, not shaky wooden ones. Permanent target stands, not the heavy awkward sharp metal potable ones with warped wood backs. And the range needs to be level, take out the 100 and 150 yard back stops and make the range flat.

And I should say that I am a little biased because I am more of a pistol shooter than anything, but that's not to say I dont care about the little things that make a range user friendly.

And as for competitions, they are outdated. Simple as that.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in the short time I have been a member the club has made significant improvements.

They have upgraded the pistol and short range, added a new stat house and put in a skeet/trap range. This year they are going to update the long range and put in another trap/skeet range.

You are right that there are over a thousand members......but not all of them pay $100 for membership. Working members pay only $80 and spousal memberships are only $25. It is still al lot of money, but I don't see it being wasted.

Also what other club lets you bring as many guests as you want through out the year?It is a good club and I am glad to be a member.

I am a working member also, and they are improving each year.

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've paid significantly more per year than the $100 membership to shoot at not so great ranges so if I can shoot and the place is close/ convenient then it will be well worth the fees even if the seating or whatnot isn't ideal.

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All members were sent a accounting of the funds both incoming and outgoing
and I can assure you it was NOT near $100,000.

If you are a member you can request a statement.

Yes, the benches are old and the range is not level, but it is scheduled to be
completely rebuilt in the near future.

Proud member since 1980.

morganjokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Tri City web site. Scroll down to the bottom. Email the Secretary.

That's all I did. I was kinda supprised that I never got a reply or anything though. Had to have a buddy ask about it at the last meeting to even see if I was on the list.

Either way, it's that easy. Now the waiting.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom