Tri-City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad I read this before trying to join there. I dont need to deal with bs like that when I'm out trying to enjoy shooting. I deal with hitler complex people enough with work. That is just plain inconsiderate and rude if someone cant cease fire long enough to allow one to set a new target

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
Glad I read this before trying to join there. I dont need to deal with bs like that when I'm out trying to enjoy shooting. I deal with hitler complex people enough with work. That is just plain inconsiderate and rude if someone cant cease fire long enough to allow one to set a new target
It doesn't happen all the time, actually very seldom.
But it does happen more often than it should. I've seen Whitey, in charge of the bench rest range, fly off the handle because some crippled up person drove down the range to put up targets instead of walking. He shut down the range "to work on it" but it was apparent he was just mad.
Stay away from the bench rest range on Thursday and Fridays and you'll avoid the cantankerous old geezer crowd.
We all go to the range to enjoy a new rifle or firearm, put some rounds down range, relief stress, or whatever, not put up with some cantankerous old bastard in a bad mood.
I'll turn around and leave if I pull in and see certain people there.
I'm sure my club membership would be revoked if they had to use a tractor to pull a rifle out of some rude bastard's posterior if I got pissed off enough.
And some of them will get rude if you inconvenience them by interrupting their shot string.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't happen all the time, actually very seldom.
But it does happen more often than it should. I've seen Whitey, in charge of the bench rest range, fly off the handle because some crippled up person drove down the range to put up targets instead of walking. He shut down the range "to work on it" but it was apparent he was just mad.
Stay away from the bench rest range on Thursday and Fridays and you'll avoid the cantankerous old geezer crowd.
We all go to the range to enjoy a new rifle or firearm, put some rounds down range, relief stress, or whatever, not put up with some cantankerous old bastard in a bad mood.
I'll turn around and leave if I pull in and see certain people there.
I'm sure my club membership would be revoked if they had to use a tractor to pull a rifle out of some rude bastard's posterior if I got pissed off enough.
And some of them will get rude if you inconvenience them by interrupting their shot string.
Why be so sensitive? If they are an ass tell them to get over it, you pay your dues just like them. If they keep it up report them and take it on up the club ranks from there.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why be so sensitive? If they are an ass tell them to get over it, you pay your dues just like them. If they keep it up report them and take it on up the club ranks from there.

I'm not sensitive. I just don't want a hassle when I shoot. I go to have fun, not let some old bastards piss me off. I've pissed more than a few of them off over the years, even going so far as to pick their guns up and put them in the rack while they stood their bullshitting ignoring people wanting to set up targets.
I've been threatened and cussed for doing it and threatened with being taken before the board.
Which I promptly told them I would love to have them do.
But cronyism runs deep in the OKC Gun Club and has for the three decades and more I've been a member.
Nothing will change by taking someone to the board for being a rude bastard.
The only way to deal with the rude bastards is to be ruder than they are if you have to get their attention.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...even going so far as to pick their guns up and put them in the rack while they stood their bullshitting ignoring people wanting to set up targets.
You handled somebody's firearm without permission? And they are the problem?

The only way to deal with the rude bastards is to be ruder than they are if you have to get their attention.
Seems like you perceive other shooters ignoring you as being rude and you have to step it up: just don't get surprised when not everyone will passively accept your uncalled for rudeness. Knowing Whitey - I'm sure he'll fly off the handle at first signs of disrespect.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You handled somebody's firearm without permission? And they are the problem?

Seems like you perceive other shooters ignoring you as being rude and you have to step it up: just don't get surprised when not everyone will passively accept your uncalled for rudeness. Knowing Whitey - I'm sure he'll fly off the handle at first signs of disrespect.

Sounds like you are one of the old farts out there that think the range belongs strictly to them.
And yes, if people are wanting to go down range and put up targets, even match directors out there have picked up guns and put them in the racks when safety is an issue.
As far as Whitey throwing a fit and shutting down the range because a disabled person drove down to put up targets, that has nothing to do with anyone showing him disrespect. It's strictly him throwing a fit because someone did something he didn't like.
He ran several shooters off the range that day that did NOTHING wrong because someone did something he didn't like by driving down the range to set up targets.
WTF has that got to with anyone showing him disrespect?
Usually, among grown men, disrespect towards others brings on rude behavior. Be respectful of others at a range and generally there will be no problems unless someone does something unsafe.
Range etiquette sounds like something you are not familiar with.
I hope I don't run into you at the range.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Range etiquette sounds like something you are not familiar with.
I hope I don't run into you at the range.
:pms2: Seriously?!? That's your best judgment? You made a conclusion about my range etiquette based on my suggestion that your story might be one-sided? :lmfao:

I guess keep on with ... well, whatever your agenda here is.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:pms2: Seriously?!? That's your best judgment? You made a conclusion about my range etiquette based on my suggestion that your story might be one-sided? :lmfao:

I guess keep on with ... well, whatever your agenda here is.

What I do wish is that the old farts out there would be a little more congenial on the bench rest range. And it's pretty easy to guess you don't follow the club rules about the first one there being the range master and closing the range for targets to be put up i.e. resenting someone taking the responsibility to see guns are placed in the racks when someone goes down range.
If you refuse to put your gun up at the range when people go down range and I'm there, I'll either put it in the rack for you or where the sun doesn't shine, then take you to the board.
YOU WILL PUT YOUR GUN IN THE RACK WHEN PEOPLE GO DOWN RANGE.
There is no "one side" to that rule, amigo. :Heya:

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
YOU WILL PUT YOUR GUN IN THE RACK WHEN PEOPLE GO DOWN RANGE.
:withstupi

WRONG!!!!!
YOU DON'T GO DOWN THE RANGE TILL ITS SAFE - ALL THE GUNS ARE PUT UP!
See the difference?

You don't understand the rules, you think that being ruder than the next guy is the right thing to do, you march down the range while people still shooting AND you are lecturing me on shooting ethics?! It doesn't say how old you are in your profile - but I assume you are 15 or 16, because you surely behave like a teenager: ignorant and arrogant. Bad combo. Please reconsider your way of thinking - maybe, just maybe, sometimes it's you who is wrong, not everyone else.

And don't handle unknown firearms - first you always assume it is loaded; is it jammed? is it full auto? does it have 2 oz trigger? I assure you, if you reach for any of my firearms without permission it will be the last thing you remember for a cool minute - nothing personal, just for everybody's safety sake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom