Tri-City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
:withstupi

WRONG!!!!!
YOU DON'T GO DOWN THE RANGE TILL ITS SAFE - ALL THE GUNS ARE PUT UP!
See the difference?

You don't understand the rules, you think that being ruder than the next guy is the right thing to do, you march down the range while people still shooting AND you are lecturing me on shooting ethics?! It doesn't say how old you are in your profile - but I assume you are 15 or 16, because you surely behave like a teenager: ignorant and arrogant. Bad combo. Please reconsider your way of thinking - maybe, just maybe, sometimes it's you who is wrong, not everyone else.

And don't handle unknown firearms - first you always assume it is loaded; is it jammed? is it full auto? does it have 2 oz trigger? I assure you, if you reach for any of my firearms without permission it will be the last thing you remember for a cool minute - nothing personal, just for everybody's safety sake.

You like to twist things around. I'm not exactly a spring chicken when it comes to firearms and jerks on the firing line.
I'm not going down range when a gun is on the line.
But I can't watch my back with idiots who think they own the range when I go down range.
Being rude and forceful is sometimes the only way to handle jerks with firearms, especially when safety is involved.
I've seen guys lay their firearms down on the bench and start to clean them when people were down range at OKC. I've also seen guys start to case guns with the bores pointing down range with people putting targets up also.
Pull your head out of wherever you have it. A GUN MUZZLE IS NEVER POINTED TOWARD PEOPLE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO SHOOT THEM ESPECIALLY WHEN A RANGE IS CLOSED. THE GUNS ARE NOT TOUCHED.
And I'm not going to stand there while people like you case their guns or start to clean them when people are down range.
I know all about the Range Officer that picked up a rifle for safety reasons at a match at OKC Gun Club and the row it caused. He ordered a cease fire and guns racked. The shooter ignored the command.
He did the right thing.
I'm starting to think you must have been the one that didn't rack his firearm when the command was given.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to add this:
For safety reasons alone, I prefer shooting at TriCity Gun over the OKC Gun Club.
TriCity has a very large number of NRA certified Range Safety Officers in the club. So many so you have a good chance of having one present at any one time on the range you may be shooting at.
They will quickly take someone to task if something unsafe is going on or range rules are being broken.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A GUN MUZZLE IS NEVER POINTED TOWARD PEOPLE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO SHOOT THEM ESPECIALLY WHEN A RANGE IS CLOSED.
Just to highlight your ignorance - both ranges have MBABR exemption! Yup, high power rifles stay benchrested pointing right at your head (TCGC) or nads (OKCGC) while you put up your target. Oh the horror - a little yellow flag is the only thing stands between you and certain death.
:pokeowned

As I said - it's hard to follow the rules if you DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. It's much better just to come up with your own and get rude enforcing them!:hithead:

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just to highlight your ignorance - both ranges have MBABR exemption! Yup, high power rifles stay benchrested pointing right at your head (TCGC) or nads (OKCGC) while you put up your target. Oh the horror - a little yellow flag is the only thing stands between you and certain death.
:pokeowned

As I said - it's hard to follow the rules if you DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. It's much better just to come up with your own and get rude enforcing them!:hithead:

Those yellow flags were put in up in the last year or two at OKC because someone was on the 300 yard line on the Hipower Range and someone started shooting over their head from the 600.
Tell me about safety again!
I've pretty much got you figured as one of those types who the "do as I say, not as I do" types.
Tell us about the accident that happened at the OKC Gun Club where someone was supposedly shot during an IDPA match?
I also saw one of the OKC High Power team sweep me and another shooter two years ago with his AR (no safety flag in the chamber) when getting up from the 600 yard line.
And OKC has pits where the targets are raised to be shot at. If someone gets shot in the pits from the one of the firing lines, it's going to be another one of those magic bullets.
Besides, we're talking about club members shooting on the bench rest range during regular hours, not High Power matches. I brought up the Range Officer picking a gun up in a match because a long time participant didn't follow the order to rack his rifle.
There are several at the OKC Gun Club that are both rude and unsafe because they do what they want and DON'T FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES FOR GENERAL SHOOTING.
You can twist the subject all you want but a few old farts at OKC Gun Club have pissed off a lot of good members by having poor range manners and being shi**y on the firing line.
It's becoming more obvious with each of your posts you are one of them.

ETA Let me get this straight - Because the military bolt action matches have an exemption, you are saying you don't have to safe or rack your rifles anytime you shoot on the bench rest range when others go down range to set up targets, even if you are just pleasure shooting and not in a club match?

Latest posts

Top Bottom