Triage in an disaster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditchDr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thread. There are a couple of very simple things that can save lives. Paramedicine was started by doctors that were seeing people die that could have been saved with something as simple as stopping bleeding or opening an airway. I think the beginning of it was in the Korean conflict and became more refined in Viet Nam.

Flamedude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good post with a lot of useful information. In a disaster even minor injuries can become major complications if not tended to. In Joplin and Moore; I saw many minor cuts and scrapes become infections and cause illness needing more advanced treatment because they were left untreated. So even very minor treatment can make all the difference and requires almost no training. Anything you can do to assist may free up someone else to administer more advanced aid.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good post with a lot of useful information. In a disaster even minor injuries can become major complications if not tended to. In Joplin and Moore; I saw many minor cuts and scrapes become infections and cause illness needing more advanced treatment because they were left untreated. So even very minor treatment can make all the difference and requires almost no training. Anything you can do to assist may free up someone else to administer more advanced aid.

Excellent post! Soap, clean water, and topical treatments and bandages are gonna be much more important that needles and sutures. GC and I have this discussion ALL the time.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom