Trijicon RMRcc on a P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these yet? The optic isn't near as low as others in it's category, but it's narrow enough to fit with a custom mill job. I typically use Jagerwerks for my milling and they should be adding the cut to their work load soon.

Just curious if anyone has any experience with the optic yet.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-1-25_8-18-12.png

upload_2021-1-25_8-18-58.png

Here is a full size RMR on a 48 slide for reference.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious about them also, but haven't seen one in the wild.

Last Thursday, I was working from the range out in El Reno, and a guy showed up with several pistols topped with RMR's. Dude looked like he had been running them for a bit. After a half hour BS session, he mentioned that he had one ordered and was looking for a place to get it milled on a P320. When I mentioned my idear of a P365, he said he may have changed his mind. Should have gotten his name as he was a pretty good guy.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was kinda what I was going for, but skinnier. Pictures I've seen, showing them on a Glock 19, the RMRcc was completely flush with the slide. That makes me think it will look really good on a micro.
I was reading this blog on it since your post sparked my interest: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/09/01/tfb-exclusive-review-trijicon-rmrcc/

"To install the Trijicon RMRcc ... you either directly mount the micro red dot (if it is an optics ready model) or you can drift out your rear sight by the means of a brass punch or sight press tool, and then install your necessary dovetail mount plate available from Trijicon."

I'm sure mounting this as a rear sight replacement is going to be the most popular option – of course, it'll ride really high and you lose your rear sight.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I’ve always struggled with the idea of a red dot on a CCW, but obviously it’s rapidly gaining popularity so what do I know..... I just think where “most” self-defense situations a 365, shield, etc would be used, a good set of high visibility irons would be ideal. When you figure in the cost of the optic, slide modification, custom holsters, and training - I just don’t know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Am I wrong?

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading this blog on it since your post sparked my interest: https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/09/01/tfb-exclusive-review-trijicon-rmrcc/

"To install the Trijicon RMRcc ... you either directly mount the micro red dot (if it is an optics ready model) or you can drift out your rear sight by the means of a brass punch or sight press tool, and then install your necessary dovetail mount plate available from Trijicon."

I'm sure mounting this as a rear sight replacement is going to be the most popular option – of course, it'll ride really high and you lose your rear sight.

Indeed. I've seen an optic (not an RMR) come off at the range last year doing this. I have no knowledge of how it was mounted, but I'm wondering how secure it will be. Loosing my irons is a deal breaker for me though. I run them on every handgun I own, but don't trust them all by themselves.

rj ︈

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always struggled with the idea of a red dot on a CCW, but obviously it’s rapidly gaining popularity so what do I know..... I just think where “most” self-defense situations a 365, shield, etc would be used, a good set of high visibility irons would be ideal. When you figure in the cost of the optic, slide modification, custom holsters, and training - I just don’t know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

Am I wrong?
Is it going to matter in a self defense situation within 5 yds? Probably not. I choose to run a red dot because I want the advantage in every situation that may arise.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Am I wrong?

You are not. I am one of those that decided it was and went all in.

Running an MRDS on a handgun is what I call duty rig x3. By the time you mill or buy an optic ready weapon, buy the optic, re-holster and train, you are going to be in it for duty rig x3. Obviously weapon #2, you could drop the training part some, but it's expensive none the less.

I happened to win a P320 with an optic installed for a 25 dollar buy in, so I was able to get in cheap. This was 3 years ago, and it was a Benjamin to run 500 hundred rounds down range and get proficient with it. What I noticed for me, was at 10 yards and beyond, my hit ratio tripled, and my times went way down. It clicked quick for me and I was hooked.

Another positive I noticed, was it made me a better iron's shooter too. Improved my technique overall.

My biggest take away from switching, was I am 100% target focused now. I don't worry about a front sight or aiming for that matter anymore. If I do my part, there is a dot hovering in front of my face that gets placed on target.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom