Trump To Ban Tik-Tok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hence... "Briefly" :D Probably got some feedback and didn't want to piss of the master.
My guess is it was sent by someone with authority to set company-wide policy (possibly somebody in the CISO's office), but didn't run it by legal counsel first, and ran afoul of some arcane labor regulation. At that point, saying, "umm, we didn't intend to send that" becomes the path of least resistance.

I doubt Bezos squashed it, though, as he makes the honey badger look like a worrywart. I doubt he'd care about negative feedback on a corporate policy.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
The majority of folks using tik toc are kids or still living in their parents basement. I would be fine if tik toc was banned. Then I may see my teenage girl more often but on second thought that could end badly for me.

Saw some Huawei stuff tested at work a few years back before the ban. It was not impressive compared to major players.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wake up for these threads don't you?

It seems Wells Fargo, Amazon(briefly), the RNC and DNC have expressed concerns and have request that people delete the app. India has banned it as well due to security concerns.

Not sure it quite fits into your narrative.

Even the WaPo admits it.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...these-governments-see-tiktok-growing-problem/

Ha, no. I don't wake up for them but they are great fun.

Wells Fargo, Amazon? Hmmm. Private companies. I'm sure everyone is smart enough to know the difference between a private company not permitting employees to not install certain software on company owned assets and the federal government locking down or banning information/data services. What's to stop uncle Sam from banning twitter or drudge report? It's funny that folks go all in on the "slippery slope" argument as it applies to gun control....but not here?

The ability of so many to forego consistent application of basic principles is entertaining. It's all good "because Trump" is comedy gold.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, no. I don't wake up for them but they are great fun.

Wells Fargo, Amazon? Hmmm. Private companies. I'm sure everyone is smart enough to know the difference between a private company not permitting employees to not install certain software on company owned assets and the federal government locking down or banning information/data services. What's to stop uncle Sam from banning twitter or drudge report? It's funny that folks go all in on the "slippery slope" argument as it applies to gun control....but not here?

The ability of so many to forego consistent application of basic principles is entertaining. It's all good "because Trump" is comedy gold.

Oh I think it's pretty obvious you do lol..... lots of slippery slope and strawman arguments I've seen from you lately. GuN CoNTRoL.... StAteS RiGHtS!!!

What I'm showing is a trend where people understand the security risk and the intentions behind it and that Trump is not alone in thinking as such. I'm pretty sure everyone is smart enough to understand that security risks have the risk for government censorship.

Here's the fun part though, if Trump really was out to limit the 1st amendment in any way, he would've done so a LONG time ago. He is crucified every day in the media, what does he do about it from a policy standpoint? It's not like he went after the media like Obama did. Did you have the same amount of whatabotism back then?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You wake up for these threads don't you?

It seems Wells Fargo, Amazon(briefly), the RNC and DNC have expressed concerns and have request that people delete the app. India has banned it as well due to security concerns.

Not sure it quite fits into your narrative.

Even the WaPo admits it.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...these-governments-see-tiktok-growing-problem/
The Trump haters on this forum know no bounds within their TDS. Like you said, only waking up so they can post their righteous boy scout responses (in their own minds). I keep getting reminded of James Comey.
I'd hate to live in that negativity and depressive state of mind that has a dark cloud over my head all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom