Trust and suppressor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going the suppressor route and wanted to get some insight on a couple things. First, it appears the trust route is the best way to go. Has anyone used the Silencerco or American Suppressor Association trusts? I know the silencerco offering is pretty new. If not, who is recommended to set up a NFA trust in the Tulsa area and what is an expected price? Second, I'm not sure if I should go with a 5.56 or a 7.62 suppressor. It will mainly be used on a 5.56 rifle but I want to use it on my .270 during deer season. I have read that the specific caliber Suppressors will work best. Thanks in advance for any info.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
A proper gun trust will sail through ATF now in about 4 months. I used the online trust through Gun Trust Lawyer and it met my needs for legacy planning and co-trustees.
Once the trust is created its best to create a separate trust checking account and make your Class III item purchases through it. Also your check to ATF should be through the trust checking account as well. You can also assign the trust co-trustees to the checking account.
You should definitely get a suppressor.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chief. I'll do some research on Gun Trust Lawyer. I had not thought of creating a separate bank account for the trust, that seems to be a good idea. I've been debating about a suppressor for a while and my wife has bought in now so I need to decide which route to take on the trust and figure out which can to get.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why a different account? The item will be placed into trust on the Schedule A.
Do get the 7.62 can. More versatile. I have shot the AAC 5.56 and 7.62 cans side by side with the same AAC mount, on a couple of different platforms.
The only way to get quieter on the 5.56 is to get a really big can. The 7.76 can dimesion makes up for the excess "freebore" of running the 5.56 through it.
You will only have to buy one can and do one form 4. Or tell your wife you did not realize that and buy a few cans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom