Tulsa County Sheriff - Concealed Carry License Application Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you guys clarify... are they still requiring the extra form but they're just doing it on site with no fee?

I was under the impression that any additional paperwork was outside of the requirements, but then again what do I know?

The "extra" form, AKA the Local Agency Check Form for Sheriffs, is still being done BUT it now is being done the "old" way, as it was done for several years prior. The LACFS is being done in house by the Sheriff's Office, via FAX. All the info is still being gathered, to send in with the application, but the citizen isn't doing the legwork.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Living in Owasso can any confirm the following prices so I don't make a trip to the Sheriffs office and have the wrong amount in the form of a money order. Prices are:

- $100 Made out to OSBI
- $25 Made out to Tulsa Sheriff's
- $10 for Passport photos also made out to Tulsa Sheriff's

Correct?

tak1973

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally submitted my application last Friday (12/16). I had my pictures taken at a local Walgreens. Drove to downtown Tulsa and parked across the street from the Sheriff's office. Handed them my app and my $100 & $25 money orders. They took my prints and I was on my way in about 15 minutes. Very helpful, professional, and polite people. Wish I hadn't waited so long...

It is unfortunate that we are required to get a license to exercise a right. I appreciate the TCSO at least making their part of the process seem painless.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad they've dropped the extra step. I do have an issue with having to get a money order for TCSO portion. Since US currency has been federally mandated as legal tender for all debts and payments, why won't they accept it? Do they not trust they're people with cash?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad they've dropped the extra step. I do have an issue with having to get a money order for TCSO portion. Since US currency has been federally mandated as legal tender for all debts and payments, why won't they accept it? Do they not trust they're people with cash?

The TCSO accepts personal checks in payment for the fingerprints and/or photo's portion of the application. Just take your checkbook in the door there with you. It's no problem at all.

Stogchris81

New to the site!
Reaction score
I applied for my permit today, 1/14/16.

TCSO no longer accepts personal checks for any part of the process. Only money orders or cashiers checks. A guy in line behind me was turned away because he had cash and personal checks.

Instead of paying someone $12.99 to print passport photos, download and app called passport booth for iPhone and android. Take your own picture. It sizes it to fit 6 2x2s into 1 4x6 print. Upload the photo to your nearest Walmart photo dept and order one 4x6 for .29 cents. Cut the photos yourself.

I did this and the photos were accepted by TCSO with no problems.

Last edited:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa County Sheriff Office for SDA: 303 West 1st, Tulsa on northwest corner of 1st and Denver, located north across street from BOK Center (giant flying saucer event venue). Off-street parking immediately west of bldg. Hours: Monday thru Friday 9A – 4P. Arrive early enough to complete process by 4 P. Does not take cash or personal checks; for prints/photo’s a debit card (+$1.95 service charge) or money order/cashier's check is okay.

Suitable photo may be uploaded electronically prior to going to SO on the OSBI online pre-sheriff's office appearance application summary form.

Latest posts

Top Bottom