Tulsa Firearms question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've shot at Tulsa Firearms a dozen or so times since I purchased a membership (which has now expired) a year ago last November. Each time has been a positive experience. We sign in, have ammo checked, get targets, and go to range. Once I jammed the target trolly, reported what I had done and they acted like it was no big deal. Another time when policing the brass I mixed 9mm with 40mm in the same tray and the guy sorted it out without saying anything to me. When I saw he was taking a long time to dump the brass I then asked if something was wrong. At that time he told me the brass was mixed. He didn't get excited or chew me out. Seems like it takes a long time to check out, I wish they could speed that process up.

Seems to me the folks that use the range are experienced using range safety that I don't find at some other ranges like Sleepy Hollow. Just my opinion.

My wife and I are not affliated with Tulsa Firearms and I will prolly renew my membership the next time I want to shoot indoors.

I used to shoot there alot, kept a membership, took lots of folks there to shoot. Then the range Nazi chewed my ass out one day and I never went back.

I was berated for taking my verified, unloaded firearm from the range bag on the bench to the lane. The policy is to unload the firearms from the bag at the lane, which I understand. What I don't understand is why someone would run from behind the counter, into the range area, and scream in my face about the infraction. A simple reminder would have kept me as an occasional Customer, now I will warn everyone away.

TFA is dead to me....

maxrdr

New to the site!
Reaction score
Over the years, I have shot a lot at TFA, starting with them on 11th Street. I enjoyed the new range for a couple of years; but after taking a completely useless CCC from them and encountering a holllier than thou attitiude from staff, I have elected to shoot anywhere but there. Thanks to this forum, I spent an enjoyable afternoon at Medlock's yesterday.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Threads like this make me appreciate the fact that I can shoot here on my own property. No range bullies to deal with. No fees to pay. No BS rules.

-S

dukhunter20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a membership for two years, and it never seemed like a pleasant experience to go there. Yes it is indoors, but the environment always seemed tense and uncomfortable. Just my experience though.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in the Tulsa area, it's really very simple. Indoor range = Medlocks,
Outdoor range (membership) = USSA, outdoor range (no membership) = Happy Hollow.

I am hopeful for OPS's new range.

Notice how TFA didn't make the list?

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rude employees, crappy service, 50% markup on guns.

It was because of TFA, and Dong's that made me get my FFL.

Oh and Academy, The only use to be decent place was SoonerGuns,

Now I get alot of complaints about him.

When I get to be a rude *******, I will just quit doing it.

So must give thanks to TFA, and Dongs... or I wouldnt be in business!!

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you brought your own ammo but then decided to buy some of theirs knowing they wanted the brass returned from the Zero brand and you failed to separate it and got upset and decided to never go back?

Sounds like a win, win situation for both parties...

I have to agree with Neil. Whether he should have separated them or not is another issue, but the treatment of him, if it was as stated, is just flat wrong. Nobody in any customer interaction position should ever do that, regardless of what the customer did. They could have politely reminded him of the policy and let it go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom