Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a member there and still prefer to go to 2A. I dont know why but the employees always do seem to have an attitude there.

It is a great location, with just a bit of an attitude adjustment it could be a great place.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I first moved to Tulsa, I went in there to shoot a little. I started to buy a box of ammo and was told I could only buy THEIR ammo and had to give back any that I had left over. I asked them to stay that again as there was no way I'd heard that right. Yup, that's what they said. Needless to say, I've never been back.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been a member there in the past, if you want to just stand on the line and punch holes in paper stationary with no holster draw and no rapid fire they are fine. My shooting needs quickly outgrew what they offered. I have not shot at 2A but I have taken classes where Eric Fuson was one of my instructors and from what I have heard they are a much better facility so if you want an indoor range go to 2A. I am a member at USSA and love it.

brand0n

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had some of the same problems as the others... 2A is much better and there filter system is way better, so no gun powder up the nose. Just my two cents.

P

PistolPeteEaton

Thanks for the nice welcome and info.

I did a search as sugested on TFA and WOW! For sure I will not be back there. Safety is a big issue for me, I did not know that many people have taken their lives there!

The time I was there the old cowboy was dozin off in a chair , maybe they should cut down on their attitudes and not start happy hour too early in the day and pay more attention to the safety of their customers.

elcaBob: re ammo really?

I will definetly try 2A. Thanks!

Dwmckie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to belong there when we first started shooting, but that was back when Mr. Gilmore was still married and his wife (and her two dogs) were always there. If you overlooked the wife, it wasn't that bad, but over time (after the divorce) other staff came in and the attitude changed. The last time we went, we got the "it's a wonder that we, the firearm deities, allow you to even stand in our facility" attitude and that was about it for us. Living in southern Tulsa county, TFA is the closest indoor range, but what good is close if you're not comfortable with the atmosphere around you.

If I may mention this, and I hope I don't offend, but about the suicides there. One guy who worked at TFA (who helped my wife and I a LOT getting started) was on duty during one suicide. He said that it happened before anyone could react, because the guy was a member and nobody saw anything out of sorts. I'm thinking that even with having someone literally out on the range (do other ranges have firing line managers or the like?), if someone is intent upon killing themselves, they're going to do it, and even the person in the lane next to them may not be able to move fast enough to stop it. Please bear in mind that I can only speak to this one incident, so please don't read into this a defense of TFA's overall safety record. Sometimes things happen despite our intentions to avoid them.

David

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like most folks gernerally don't care for TFA. I've not been to 2A but have heard others outside OSA like it. I am a member of Red castle and the indoor range there is nice. Anyone consider Red Castle? If you're a member you can also use the main club in Sand Springs.

Dwmckie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like most folks gernerally don't care for TFA. I've not been to 2A but have heard others outside OSA like it. I am a member of Red castle and the indoor range there is nice. Anyone consider Red Castle? If you're a member you can also use the main club in Sand Springs.

We're thinking about Red Castle, since we have rifles and hate shooting them from a cumbersome metal gun rest, but USSA also looks good. But with Red Castle, there are three membership levels, one for the outdoor range in Sand Springs, another for their indoor range in Tulsa, and another still for both locations.

If only we didn't have to drive so far to shoot.

David

Latest posts

Top Bottom