Tulsa neighborhoods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so I have been in Tulsa 1 year, but due to covid I have really only been to work and my apartment. Lease is up so I'm looking for a house or duplex some place with a yard so I can get my dog. looking for input on what area's I should avoid do to crime etc. Thanks

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know that crime area is a false security deal.
My friend lives between Central and High near 15th street
Known gang area but the street he is on is not too bad.

I lived in Spencer east of Douglas on NE46th.
1 bad house and we ran the people out of town.
Children and adults were very nice and helpful and polite.

I now live in Yukon in what used to be a neighbor hood association but got too big and that went away.
Cop down the street cooking meth.
Drunk next door passed out and pissed himself daily.
Kids that are rich think they own everything and if they want something they will steal it.
So much theft here and disrespectful kids it was crazy.

I say go spend a night in your car in an area and see what goes on.
1 street may be perfectly fine then 5 streets over it changes to horrible.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so I have been in Tulsa 1 year, but due to covid I have really only been to work and my apartment. Lease is up do I'm looking for a house or duplex some place with a yard so I can get my dog. looking for input on what area's I should avoid do to crime etc. Thanks
Many who could moved to the suburbs ten miles North, South, Southeast. Where ever housing is cheapest there is a reason. Look at the upkeep of the homes and yards, fences. How many vehicles parked out front, at the curb in the street, trash, brush piled up, shingles in poor shape or worn, missing, no one doing a damn thing about it.

jimdgreat1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been here a little longer and bought a house around Skiatook. There are some really cool older neighborhoods in Tulsa that were tempting. I love the 60s era ranch house neighborhoods. Good luck in your search.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd definitely stay away from the 61st/Peoria area. If you don't mind a little commute, most of Glenpool or Sapulpa are not bad, and much cheaper than Tulsa. Jenks is good, and less expensive than Tulsa, but more expensive than Glenpool.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I was forced under great duress to move around Tulsa (and it would take a lot), I would probably look in the Bixby or Glenpool area.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a condo a few blocks east of 94th and Riverside.Very nice area and i could walk to the neighborhood walmart and Quick trip.Just a few blocks from Jenks and i didn't get home from work till after midnight.As stated earlier stay away from 61st and peoria, in the 90s i lived at sand dollar apartments and quite a few people got shot or stabbed.It is a lot
like the south side of OKC.If an area is ghetto a few blocks away it will spread to your block pretty fast.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in a Condo at 68th and Peoria and never had a problem, I moved due to 2 separate condo owners having fires in my group of condos. 1 of which killed the couple living there. Moved to apartments down the road at 81st and Riverside near ORU, that place was sketchy so much so that I wouldn’t let my kids live in that area if they happen to go to college there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom