Tulsa neighborhoods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Broken Arrow used to have a very low crime rate. It was discussed on OSA in the past.
I can’t say if it’s improved or declining currently though.
@Glock 40 gets around the Tulsa metro area a lot.
I’d put some thought into his recommendation.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would look at a couple of things before you get started.

1) Budget -- What you can afford; the rental house market is insane ( that my opinion, it is insane, what owners want for there rentals) The good news is your not in the DFW area.

2) Drive time -- To me that’s an important factor -- It takes me 20 minutes to get from 101st & 129th to the Airport, but I work the midnight shift and that’s with no accident on Hwy 169.

There is an area just SE of 61st and Garnett ( Tulsa Firearms is just a couple blocks north on Garnett); older neighborhood, might want to drive around to scout out the area, Corner of city limits for Broken Arrow and Tulsa -- farther south on Garnett just NE of 111th is an older neighborhood -- Haikey Creek park is just South of 111th.

Broken Arrow has a rather new ( maybe 2 years old ) Dog Park, Just East of Garnett on 101st -- below the Creek Turnpike ( the turnpike road deck elevated).

Some duplexes and house might be available NW of 81st and Garnet, just west of the retail area, also some duplexes NW of 101st and 161st; west of the Sonic’s and St. Fancis park off of 161st.

You might be surprised, with the area off of Riverside south of 41st street, older and smaller.

Good luck on your search

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several parts of East Tulsa are going downhill. Definitely avoid S. 41st St and 129th E. Ave area. Broken Arrow is by and large safe, with much convenient shopping and such.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd definitely stay away from the 61st/Peoria area. If you don't mind a little commute, most of Glenpool or Sapulpa are not bad, and much cheaper than Tulsa. Jenks is good, and less expensive than Tulsa, but more expensive than Glenpool.
That area is actually a lot better than it used to be. It's also somewhat hot on the property side right now because of the efforts to clean it up and redevelop it. It's a good place to buy property, more so than rent though.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i work near 61st and memorial . my apartment is at 81st and yale. would like stay within 5 miles of work if possible

The neighborhood that is in 61st/71st and Memorial/Sheridan isn't bad, except the duplexes on s 78th st is getting rough (duplexes usually are the first to go south in an area). The same area between Memorial and Mingo is rougher due to the cheap apartments like Woodland Hills (super ghetto) and Silver Springs (not as bad, but getting there). The areas south of 71st are not bad until you get closer to riverside. If you go about 3 miles west the area between HWY 169 and S Garnett from 61st to 71st isn't horrible, but the apartments are hit and miss. The neighborhood is pretty solid though. I just would avoid the areas north of 51st st, lots of cheap/subsidized apartments in that area that drive the crime rate up.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. I dont know what county these are but Owasso used to be decent as well as Claremore and Skiatook
From what I've seen, those do look like decent areas, but they're a lot farther away than he's looking to go.

Personally, I'm looking at either Creek or Wagoner counties, but those are also farther away than he's looking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom