Tulsa public schools just voted to go 100% virtual for the first 9 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK but I know from the inside "my wife is a teacher" how many of these children truly rely on our school lunch programs.. I was once one of those kids on a dime lunch program. Many of these kids will make you proud! Oh.. they also send many of these same children home with backpacks full of food to make it through the weekend on Fridays...! Good kiddos, I know them!

Right, Left I don't care, we have to figure out how to fill this void if there is to be no in person school this fall.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK but I know from the inside "my wife is a teacher" how many of these children truly rely on our school lunch programs.. I was once one of those kids on a dime lunch program but now pay taxes on six figures. Don't judge!!! Many of these kids will make you proud! Oh.. they also send many of these same children home with backpacks full of food to make it through the weekend on Fridays...! Good kiddos, I know them!

Right, Left I don't care, we have to figure out how to fill this void if there is to be no in person school this fall.
Agree 1000%. When making barely enough money to survive, my kids used the school lunch program in Ok. It gave us some relief at the grocery store so we could pay the bills.
More kids have died by suicide than the covid. We are a specie that requires social interaction as part of our daily lives.
When the end of the school year comes up, students can't wait for the summer of fun things, but when the summer is ending, parents and children both can't wait for the school to start back up. Kids want to see their friends again and parents are ready to get them back in school.
Pets are taking a toll as well. Read a report that said pets were used to their owner friends going off to work daily and coming home to be greeted.
Now with 24/7 bonding with pets, the animals are having problems with the owners going back to work. I heard it called over bonding.
When the owner leaves, the pet goes nuts.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot stand Gist. "We need to make sure the employers work with us" LOL

I guess they should just pay the parents to sit at home with the kids.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree 1000%. When making barely enough money to survive, my kids used the school lunch program in Ok. It gave us some relief at the grocery store so we could pay the bills.
More kids have died by suicide than the covid. We are a specie that requires social interaction as part of our daily lives.
When the end of the school year comes up, students can't wait for the summer of fun things, but when the summer is ending, parents and children both can't wait for the school to start back up. Kids want to see their friends again and parents are ready to get them back in school.
Pets are taking a toll as well. Read a report that said pets were used to their owner friends going off to work daily and coming home to be greeted.
Now with 24/7 bonding with pets, the animals are having problems with the owners going back to work. I heard it called over bonding.
When the owner leaves, the pet goes nuts.

What happens to the Cafeteria workers? Is the school system taking care of them or are they on unemployment?

I believe the pets are having separation anxiety. With me being retired, I’m home most of the time and my critters don’t like it when I leave and get really excited when I come back.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4E52DE87-298B-4A41-A8CE-151D6B0387C9.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom