Tulsa public schools just voted to go 100% virtual for the first 9 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I surrender. You have the right attitude. So I guess you don’t drive on highways, rely on the fire dept when you have a fire, don’t use any of the technology developed by those kids who were in school a few years ago, and so on.

There is a well known poem that goes “No man is an island”. Like it or not, we all rely on each other to have the great nation and society that we have.

What percentage of a man's pay should be taken for the state, and how much should he be left with for himself and his family?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess Trump should have recommended that kids need to stay home so the teacher's union's would demand to be back in class lol. Kids all across nw Oklahoma are going back to school, wear a mask if you feel it's necessary but school is going on as normal.
Same thing happening here just a smidge east of Tulsa. Masks are recommended, not required, for kids 10yrs and up.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Society decides that through the voting process.

And that is exactly why taxing income is wrong. "Society" has become (and this is inevitable in our situation) dependent on workers providing for non-workers.

There are essentially no consequences for not working and producing children. We interrupt the natural order of things by rewarding irresponsible behavior and financing it with stolen earnings.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So where do you propose obtaining the necessary funds for the maintenance and growth of our nation?

Sales taxes administered by the states. Defense funding through property taxes, tariffs. Perhaps the shortfalls might get us back to Constitutionally sound levels of spending on many fronts.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you know the process for making that change, so get busy working to gather sufficient support to make this happen. Until you are able to convince enough of the electorate to change the taxing systems, we will continue to work within the systems that have been successful for decades.

But, back to your original complaint, would you be wanting a refund of your sales tax or property tax when schools go virtual?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you know the process for making that change, so get busy working to gather sufficient support to make this happen. Until you are able to convince enough of the electorate to change the taxing systems, we will continue to work within the systems that have been successful for decades.

But, back to your original complaint, would you be wanting a refund of your sales tax or property tax when schools go virtual?

Yes, in fact I would. Since my kids have been out of school since 2014, I'd reckon a refund for the last 5 years worth ought to do.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did all progress in society, from which you benefit, stop in 2014? I think not. Everyone has an opinion on how education funds should be spent, and that is, again, where the ballot box comes into play.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a product of the Tulsa Public Schools, I can say with certainty that the kids are better off at home. Nothing but big multi=cultural day care centers these days, my wife and I purposefully moved to an independent school district outside Tulsa solely to avoid TPS.
Most of my learning came from my parents, and my children can say the same. This Wuhan Panic is illustrating that schools aren't for education, but simply to provide daycare and feeding of offspring.

I know all sorts of people who made the best of TPS, and the worst of it. It's certainly gone down hill with Gist so I get why you would avoid it now, but you're going off the deep end with the daycare comment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom