Tulsa Range Poll #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa Range Poll #2

• Total voters

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy Hollow. Cheap to shoot, $10 to shoot, $0.50 for each new target. But I just bring a folder with my own and paste up new ones when I get ready for one. Down side is they down like you to draw and shoot. And they don't like more then one shot about every 5 seconds. But when I was there we had a few times when we were shooting fairly quick and they didn't say anything to us. But I have heard of others complaining.

Edit: For those of us that would like to practice the draw and fire, where do we go around Tulsa?

leardriver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...but unlike RCGC's in Tulsa, no limits on handgun calibers...

Are you talking about Red Castle's indoor facility (which is still in progress)?

The only limit on the outdoor range that I'm aware of is the prohibition on .50BMG, because it tears up the berms.

Cap'n Bill

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't that a good walk back; last time I past by it looked like the locals figured the entrance for a trash dump.

I won't go back to that Lord of the Flies range ever again.

Way, way to many reckless shooters out there.

I've encountered drunks, and punk teenage kids wildly shooting their guns gangsta style sideways out there. My safety is well worth what I pay for my range membership.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
tulsa gun club is primarily a skeet and trap club because its in the landing path of the Tulsa international airport. Hence No rifles.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red Castle's indoor junior range has been open to members for many years.
limited to 22lr and light load lead only centerfire pistols up to 38 spl.

the big indoor range hopefully will be complete by the end of the year.
shooting staions are in. backstops complete. electric target trolleys almost done. 1/2 of range 50ft. 1/2 25yd. about 20 firing points.

as for the outdoor range competition, each venue is run by volunteers
and on ipsa, action pistol-combat pistol- no one wants to volunteer. they
just want to shoot. for years its been that way. if you watch those ranges get a lot of use by people practising then they go to other clubs to shoot in matches.

want to know more? ask! I've been going there since 1963

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tulsa gun club is primarily a skeet and trap club because its in the landing path of the Tulsa international airport. Hence No rifles.

USSA is also on the flight path. You can shoot pretty much anything except .50BMG. I have seen some amazingly low aircraft directly over the carbine bay at USSA.

hullxsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might as well jump right in. I am new to shooting as well as this forum. I just found it 15 minutes ago. I shoot just for fun. Trying to get my boys involved. Ironically my daughter loves it. But since Tulsa firearms is 4 miles from work, I go there quite often at lunch. I like it there but have nothing to compare it to. My wife and I just finished the CC class there. Are there issues with that place that I don't know about?

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa Gun Club is pretty close. Mohawk and Mingo. U can shoot centerfire on sat,sun mornings. range is only 50 yards.

annual membership is around $100. for this you can shoot at pistol range, skeet, trap.

on pistol range you can shoot .22 anytime and pistol 12-6 wed, fri, sat, sun.

it is geared more for skeet shooting but that is what it is. they do not try to say they are something they are not.

u cannot draw from holster but you can do rapid fire after going thru safety course which is required for all.

no pistol competiton or advanced taining at this time. they do have a new shoot orientation to the range and shooting on the 3rd sat of each month cost is $10. pretty good orientation for range rules, gun and range terminology, and some help with beginning shooting.

cost to use the range is $2.17. u have to be a member. there are quite a few pistol shooters so it has value for some.

also you can shoot blackpowder anytime and shotgun slug which i did last year and got it on at 100 yrds, this slugs max range, got it right on pretty quick so i know i have up to 100 manageable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom