Tulsa Range Poll #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa Range Poll #2

• Total voters

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not competitive shooting, but my Dad and I spent 4hrs @ Happy Hollow yesterday. It was worth the drive............good people, good organization, family atmosphere.

The Napiers are good people!, Don and his son Lendell run a tight ship.

Don can actually be a little too tight, LOL

"Line is hot"

"If you ya got one in the chamber, fire it and get past the yellow line"

"No rapid fire down there"

LOLOLOLOL, good old Don.

I would still be going there if my bro and I werent members of SSSC.

No more than 400 members at any given time, $50 a year after the first year ($100).

Night skeet & trap.

Most of the time we go, there's no one on the rifle or military range.

lsushawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit: For those of us that would like to practice the draw and fire, where do we go around Tulsa?

This.
I'm new to Tulsa and the only range that I've been to is Tulsa Firearms. Bought a one year membership there and it still costs my wife and I over $100 for one lane and one box of rounds. I'll probably never go back and I'm sure my membership was a waste of money. So where does one go around here to practice draw and shoot, or what ranges are decent around here without raping you every time you walk in the door?

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to shoot my new pistol at Medlock's Gun Range in Collinsville on Wednesday and I can tell you it is a great place to shoot! For $15 I got to use a lane, got a free target and they even loaned me a set of earmuffs at no extra charge! they had no problem with my bringing in my own ammo and didn't make me fell like a second class citizen when I pulled out my Hi-Point C9! I will go back and I plan to buy a membership!

It may be a bit of a run up 169 to get to Medlock's but it's definitely worth the drive!

okyite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of public land aroung Tulsa, Sand Springs area give or take 20 miles or so, that I can plink
Maybe there is already a thread about this, I will keep looking
thanks

MickeyMouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of public land aroung Tulsa, Sand Springs area give or take 20 miles or so, that I can plink
Maybe there is already a thread about this, I will keep looking
thanks

Take a look a the Wildlife Management Area's (WMA). There are is a free range east of Wagoner, and open WMA land for hunting. There is quite a bit of public hunting land around Wagoner.

Watch out for grumpy old men though. We were trying to do some rabbit hunting back in January and some old man came out of the woods all hacked off because we parked too close to his truck, as if this was his private hunting lease. I decided not to explain the meaning of "Public" with an armed grumpy old man, but keep an eye out for them. :lookaroun

Les

MickeyMouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still undecided on gun ranges. I will probably just go to Tulsa Firearms, because it is so close to me and their hours are very convenient.

I have a free trip to Medlocks, since I purchased a gun from them recently. It is just so far up there, when you live in south Tulsa.

I do want to go somewhere, where my wife can enjoy going as well. I have heard TFTA talks down to women. Is this still a factor? or have they improved over the years?

MrK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.
I'm new to Tulsa and the only range that I've been to is Tulsa Firearms. Bought a one year membership there and it still costs my wife and I over $100 for one lane and one box of rounds. I'll probably never go back and I'm sure my membership was a waste of money. So where does one go around here to practice draw and shoot, or what ranges are decent around here without raping you every time you walk in the door?

This has been my experience also. Too much money for the few times a year I may go shooting.

lockoutmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too am new to the range thing. When I was still young and at home my dad and I went to rcgc. I enjoyed the sh-- out of it. Now it's too far and a little costly(40 miles 1 way). Anyone else have a GOOD club or range close to Catoosa?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
buy a more fuel efficent car.
99% of rcgc members live 35+ miles away.
theres a back way in that shaves 10 miles off
but you have to have somebody show the way.
take the airport exit off 244 go west till it ends at
tisdale expressway then the part someone must show you
tisdale to 36thNo, 36th to osage dr. osage to43no. 43rd to 41west
41westbecomes 52west take north to rock school road
rock school west to ranch entrance
sounds complicated but its not. I drive it 3 times aweek
shaves a easy 15-20 minutes off going thru sand springs.

okyite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I will be going to happy hollow this week, it is closer to my house than the rest, rules are okay, but when the attitude sucks, I don't need it, we'll see
Bad Boys love NO GUNS signs I wish brave business owners would start putting up GUNS OK, that might put a stop to some of the crap going on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom