Tulsa Range Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you shoot?

• RCGC

Votes: 54 17.4%
  • Oil Capitol

Votes: 33 10.6%
  • USSA

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • Tulsa Firearms

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Medlocks

Votes: 30 9.6%
  • Other: Please explain

Votes: 87 28.0%

• Total voters

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa Peeps, another thread got me curious as to where everyone shoots. Please post where you regularly shoot, be it competition, practice, etc, etc you can pick more than one option.

Also, please express any interest you would have if another vendor other than Tulsa Firearms were to start up an indoor range comparable in prices to lets say..... H&H?

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this would be more meaningful if you narrowed it to "indoor ranges".

You are comparing apples to oranges otherwise.

I would probably shoot twice a month at a nice indoor range comparable to H+H if it was convenient in Tulsa.

I shoot at Happy Hollow, and WMA mostly.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can I narrow it down to indoor ranges since there's only one in the immediate Tulsa area? Since everyone has a choice on where they shoot I believe it's relevant.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How can I narrow it down to indoor ranges since there's only one in the immediate Tulsa area? Since everyone has a choice on where they shoot I believe it's relevant.

Guess I was looking for some connection to the other thread since it was specifically about indoor ranges, and then you ask for comments about indoor ranges.

The ranges in the poll are not limited to the Tulsa area, in fact 4 of the 5 could be considered outside of the "Tulsa area".

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TFA is the only in Tulsa option but I understand RGC is working on an indoor range in Tulsa. I may pony up for a membership TO RGC then, I have shot their with friends in the past and enjoyed their facility.

I did my CCW at TFA in 96 the class room was at Patrol technology back then and then you went to TFA to shoot. Since then TFA has added their own classrooms. I quit shooting for a few years and just recently rejoined. My wife is doing her CCW class there Jan 10th.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I was looking for some connection to the other thread since it was specifically about indoor ranges, and then you ask for comments about indoor ranges.

The ranges in the poll are not limited to the Tulsa area, in fact 4 of the 5 could be considered outside of the "Tulsa area".

The connection is there if you want to see it. I included Medlocks in the poll which is the only other indoor range that is close that I could think of. Point of this poll and my previous statements are that everyone in the Tulsa area has choices.... you implied that I'd be surprised at the number of people that are happy with Tulsa Firearms. Now I'm curious as to where people generally shoot in the Tulsa area. I know what I believe to be true, but I may be in error, so I'll remain quiet until more votes are cast.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my take:
I was a member at TFA for years. I had a good rapport with some of the guys that worked there. They treated me well and I enjoyed shooting there. The thing that killed it for me was having to deal with the owner and his brother(?). I got tired of being treated like a schmoe by them. It's not worth it. I haven't been back in several years and I won't go back. There are too many other options AROUND Tulsa.

I had a membership at Medlocks and enjoyed it quite a bit. They are accommodating and don't try to sell you $800 Glocks. The only reason I let my membership lapse is because I joined USSA.

I have had a membership at RCGC. That was a good place to shoot, just too far for me to drive frequently.

I like Happy Hollow. Don is gruff, but a very good guy. He has a very safe and well run range.

USSA in my opinion offers the best range in this area.

I have had great experiences at all of the ranges in this area, however, TFA hasn't figured out that condescension isn't a great business tactic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom