Tulsa Range Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you shoot?

• RCGC

Votes: 54 17.4%
  • Oil Capitol

Votes: 33 10.6%
  • USSA

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • Tulsa Firearms

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Medlocks

Votes: 30 9.6%
  • Other: Please explain

Votes: 87 28.0%

• Total voters

ikindoit

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been thinking about a membership to RCGC. Most of the time won't be able to go except on weekends. Would appreciate some feedback from some of you current members, on how crowded it is on Sat or Sun. Is it crazy or still enjoyable?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rcgc can get very crowded on the weekends. sometimes other weekends its empty. the secret to going on weekends is to take several guns. that way if a particular range is full of shooters you can go shoot something else til spaces open up.

bigken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually go to Tulsa firearms, but I think Medlock's is going to start seeing me more often now. I also have a buddy with some land when we can get out there (definitely my favorite).

BigD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot at TFA one time. That was when I took my concealed class. I would have preferred not to have taken it there but it was a gift so I wasn't goin to complain. I think it's retarded they only offer the class if ur a member.. I'll never go back there to shoot. That being said I usually shoot at Tulsa gun club or medlocks

mbfree

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good place to shoot skeet? I heard USSA is trying to do something out there. This is where I normally shoot. They offer a wide variety of targets/bays. I think it is the place to shoot around here.

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot at Tulsa Gun club . I also have a membership at rcgc . I shoot mainly shotgun games. When I do shoot pistol and rifle its at Red Castle.

I live about 2 blocks away from TFA and wouldnt dream of going there. One of my buddies said he went not too long ago and there were gangstas holding their guns sideways and shooting.:ooh2:

I had a really good friend that had an outdoor range at his house. He died a couple of yrs ago. He shot every kind of competition there was and held titles in many of them. He had a defensive pistol course and held copetitions out there regularly for a while. The Gilmore's were members out there. I think it was called Green Country gun club. Anyways they were having a barricade shoot out there one time. All of these guys shot together all of the time . They new what each other was capable of . One of the Gilmores was doing quite a bit better than usual. So my buddy decides to chrono some of his loads to make sure he was shoting what was specified. Sure enough he was shooting too light of loads. They kicked him out of the club for cheating.:rotflmao:

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot at Tulsa Gun club . I also have a membership at rcgc . I shoot mainly shotgun games. When I do shoot pistol and rifle its at Red Castle.

I live about 2 blocks away from TFA and wouldnt dream of going there. One of my buddies said he went not too long ago and there were gangstas holding their guns sideways and shooting.:ooh2:

I had a really good friend that had an outdoor range at his house. He died a couple of yrs ago. He shot every kind of competition there was and held titles in many of them. He had a defensive pistol course and held copetitions out there regularly for a while. The Gilmore's were members out there. I think it was called Green Country gun club. Anyways they were having a barricade shoot out there one time. All of these guys shot together all of the time . They new what each other was capable of . One of the Gilmores was doing quite a bit better than usual. So my buddy decides to chrono some of his loads to make sure he was shoting what was specified. Sure enough he was shooting too light of loads. They kicked him out of the club for cheating.:rotflmao:

Sounds like you and I live very close to each other. I'm a bit more than 2 blocks, but TFA is definitely very close to me, and I wouldn't dream of going to that dump. It's too bad, it'd be great if they ran a good show there. Wife and I only shoot pistol(currently) and it'd save tons of money if we didn't have to make a road trip of every range outing :nono2: :haay:

Latest posts

Top Bottom