Tulsa Range Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where do you shoot?

• RCGC

Votes: 54 17.4%
  • Oil Capitol

Votes: 33 10.6%
  • USSA

Votes: 73 23.5%
  • Tulsa Firearms

Votes: 34 10.9%
  • Medlocks

Votes: 30 9.6%
  • Other: Please explain

Votes: 87 28.0%

• Total voters

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently I'm the only one who voted for Sand Springs Sportsmans Club.

That's fine...I don't need you guys out there clogging up the benches. :hey3:

I think I would add one more thing to consider for the Tulsa Firearms discussion.

If you own a business, you sometimes have to decide to carve a niche out for yourself in order to make your money. That niche is usually some combination of unique service offering, and targeting a specific socio-economic segment.

I think for TFA, they simply decided that they wanted to cater to a white collar crowd. They consider it a premium to shoot indoors in the Oklahoma summers, and Oklahoma winters, and they know there is a big enough white collar crowd who's willing to pay for it.

That doesn't make them bad for what they charge. I don't get pissed off that Mahogony's Steak house charges half a car payment for dinner. I know its a nice treat for the upper white collar crowd to enjoy, and I just head on down to Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill for my $10 steak.

Mahogony isn't running a "bad business" I'm just not their target market.

To me a "bad business" is a company that treats their clients rudely, swindles them, or simply offers services that are less then described. TFA in my mind isn't any of those things. It's just expensive as hell.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently I'm the only one who voted for Sand Springs Sportsmans Club.

That's fine...I don't need you guys out there clogging up the benches. :hey3:

I think I would add one more thing to consider for the Tulsa Firearms discussion.

If you own a business, you sometimes have to decide to carve a niche out for yourself in order to make your money. That niche is usually some combination of unique service offering, and targeting a specific socio-economic segment.

I think for TFA, they simply decided that they wanted to cater to a white collar crowd. They consider it a premium to shoot indoors in the Oklahoma summers, and Oklahoma winters, and they know there is a big enough white collar crowd who's willing to pay for it.

That doesn't make them bad for what they charge. I don't get pissed off that Mahogony's Steak house charges half a car payment for dinner. I know its a nice treat for the upper white collar crowd to enjoy, and I just head on down to Sidelines Sports Bar and Grill for my $10 steak.

Mahogony isn't running a "bad business" I'm just not their target market.

To me a "bad business" is a company that treats their clients rudely, swindles them, or simply offers services that are less then described. TFA in my mind isn't any of those things. It's just expensive as hell.

My experience at TFA was being treated rudely.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experience at TFA was being treated rudely.

Sorry, I must have missed that point in the thread.

I've shot there with friends probably about 5 times. I haven't ever had a problem with anyone being rude to me there.

But since I'm always shooting with a friend who's a member there I'm almost always standing behind them, and never really having long conversations with anyone working the counter.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm one of those that voted for TFA since I have a membership there. When it expires I won't be renewing it. That place is a textbook example of how not to run a business.

chadtx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Voted for Tulsa Gun Club. met a number of good people out there, especially Rich. Surprised it was not listed as a choice as I would think it is a fairly popular place. it seems to be one of the best values around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom