Tulsa repair/gunsmith?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gunsmith/repair guys in Tulsa?

The only place I have gone to for a repair since Ive lived in Tulsa is Sportsworld.They put a new spring in my Winchester Model 290 .22 rifle a couple of years ago and it took months for the part to come in.

I need some steel O-ring retainers for the end of a guide rod/spring assembly.I had stripped the slide and was working the spring when it just came apart.I got it back on but it looks to be kind of loose.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanx for the info...

After some investigation I guess its a common thing with Ruger P series guide rod/spring assemblies.The guys over at Ruger forum suggested calling Ruger customer service/parts tomorrow and they will usually just send you a pack of 3 for free and then its best to go ahead and order more just to have,because it will happen again.Actually some of the guys just leave it off and deal with reassembling it after theyre finished cleaning.
The pistol works fine without it on there its just basically on there to hold everything together when you field strip it.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok.So after contacting several other local gunsmiths today,it was actually Mike who will end up fixing my little problem when Ruger sends me the retainer clips.And at a good price.3 other gunsmiths I wont name wanted their full hour bench fee,and they wanted me to leave the gun for a week which also included them cleaning the gun, just to do a little 5 second job.I realize its how they do business and everyone has to make money,I'm a business owner myself.But,a little 5 second job that could be done while I wait,and cleaning that I dont need because I do that myself.Whatever.Mike will do only what I need done and will do it while I wait and for an adjusted fee instead of the full hour.What a guy.He not only got this little piddly job but now all of my work from now on.And since he works for someone else a nice tip for being so cool.

Thanx Mitch Rapp for the heads up,I appreciate it.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just in OPS today... Eric kindly took the time to go thru my National Match 1911 ... did all sorts of adjustments, installed a new return spring, dug up a bushing wrench, a wilson clip, etc, etc,

my 1911 really smoothed out when Eric was done. what a nice job?
they've earned my business...

Latest posts

Top Bottom