Tulsa woman videos herself hitting a motorcycle - on purpose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This falls under "how stupid can people be". There should be an arrest on this one.

Video in the link.
http://www.newson6.com/story/5f2dd2...posts-video-bragging-about-road-rage-incident

TULSA, Okla. -

After a video goes viral of a woman slamming into the back of a motorcyclist, Tulsa Police say they will now ask for her to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

Police say the woman posted the video herself in what they call a case of road rage. Police say they initially wrote the driver a ticket a sent her on her way but that all changed when they say she posted a video of the incident on Facebook, bragging about it.

The video shows a woman driving right behind Patrick Devlin on his motorcycle. He says he'd yelled at her to get off her phone because she was swerving all over the road, then, she ran into him.

"When it hit me I was in shock! That’s why I was like what? That's why I was like call the police because I was freaked out,” says Devlin.

Devlin believes she hit him intentionally, right after she'd already been all over the road.

“She was looking down in her lap and I'm like get off the phone. So I'm like get off the phone!” says Devlin.

Devlin says the woman yelled back, then rode his bumper, until she knocked him off his bike.

After police gave her a ticket for following too close, Devlin thought it was best to just move on, until he woke up and saw the videos she’d posted.

"I honestly was completely astonished that someone would post a video of them, saying the things she said. Then, bragging that she should have run me over and she will do it again,” says Devlin.

I talked with Tulsa Police after they watched the video.

They say it could have ended a lot worse and Devlin is lucky he wasn't hurt.

"It's a two-ton piece of equipment that can be used as a weapon, like a gun, knife, baseball bat, pipe. If you use your vehicle intentionally to hurt someone or property, you are using it as a weapon,” says Sergeant Brian Collum with Tulsa Police. “Obviously she's not taking it very serious if she is bragging about it on Facebook. I understand there are a lot of people out there upset after watching the video and understandably so."

We messaged the driver and she tells us it was just a fender bender and she feels being harassed by people online and she’s done talking about it.

Police will forward their report to the District Attorney’s office, who will decide whether to file the assault charge.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
While he was right in his thinking. This is like the woman taking a beating the other day when telling the woman to put a mask on. If you run your trap be ready for the slap. Not saying it right but its the way it is today. Don't unnecessarily provoke people.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see why there is any question as to what should happen to this woman. She attacked the man with a deadly weapon. I don't care if the guy on the bike said that she has cooties and her mother smells of elderberries, he did nothing violent or threatening to her (according to the video shown) and she ran into him. She shouldn't be walking the streets and the story should have ended with her mugshot.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, our thought process now is....You can't voice your opinion with out the fear of being hurt. What ever happened to free speech. Telling someone to put on your mask, does not deserve a beat down. Telling someone to put their phone down does not deserve to be rammed from behind. PERIOD!

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While he was right in his thinking. This is like the woman taking a beating the other day when telling the woman to put a mask on. If you run your trap be ready for the slap. Not saying it right but its the way it is today. Don't unnecessarily provoke people.
Mey people need a few more mild ass kickings these days, they would have better manners

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone yells at you on the road go your way and ignore them. But...this could have ended much worse, with the woman's attitude it wouldn't have taken much to push her over the edge and run the guy over after she knocked him off his cycle. Like Neckbeard said above, "Times have changed." People don't say "excuse me" when they offend you today, they want to fight.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone yells at you on the road go your way and ignore them. But...this could have ended much worse, with the woman's attitude it wouldn't have taken much to push her over the edge and run the guy over after she knocked him off his cycle. Like Neckbeard said above, "Times have changed." People don't say "excuse me" when they offend you today, they want to fight.

This is what I tell my wife and daughters . . . and even have to remind myself of it sometimes. You never know what crazy person you're going to meet up with on the road these days.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like that saying, can I use it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom