Tulsa's new Gathering Place Park to ban guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a private area so to speak as like so is a strip mall. The way I see it is a strip mall with trees. It's there to make money but I carry in enclosed malls and theaters that have signs so I don't know what the flip they are going to do there. Open carry they got you, concealed walk past and give them a grin cause they can't do squat.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you CC who cares? Walk on through and have fun. It's a common joke among my crowd (and on OSA) that they usually have a Beretta or Sig on their gunbuster signs, none of which we carry.
For the record, some places do so only because their insurance requires them to do so.
With a Sig gun buster sign on the door I told the door guy at Stillwater BWW that I can't come in because of a CC. He told me it was not an issue with the store, but was an issue with who insures them.
Keep it under the shirt and enjoy!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you CC who cares? Walk on through and have fun. It's a common joke among my crowd (and on OSA) that they usually have a Beretta or Sig on their gunbuster signs, none of which we carry.
For the record, some places do so only because their insurance requires them to do so.
With a Sig gun buster sign on the door I told the door guy at Stillwater BWW that I can't come in because of a CC. He told me it was not an issue with the store, but was an issue with who insures them.
Keep it under the shirt and enjoy!

I seem to remember something in Oklahoma law passed a couple of years ago to prevent insurers from doing this? Or was it just an amendment of existing law to prevent business owners from being sued and liable for events occurring on their property should the allow patrons to carry?

I don't remember exactly. Maybe one of our stellar legal eagles can refresh us?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wasn't this built on River Parks (public) land?? If so, how can it be a private park??

not sure... I found this:

"The Kaiser foundation has gifted the entire property to River Parks Authority, a city and county agency that develops and maintains public riverfront parks. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/arts/design/tulsa-park-gathering-place.html

I know OK2A recently challenged a policy here in Bartlesville on public-owned parks and managed to get the city policy changed, as it wasn't in line with state pre-emption laws. I'm not sure if this would apply to the new one in Tulsa, but I could certainly see it becoming an issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom