1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Turkey 2021 Discussion and Pics

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Okie4570, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Hodrod

Hodrod Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My brother and his wife are down at my ranch in Hughes Co....I talked to them at lunch and they had called in 5 nice toms each at 2 different stands but hadn't taken a shot as they are having a contest to see who can get the longest beard....got to love their contests...

2. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    542 taken yesterday in all that wind, more than I thought there would be.

dennishoddy likes this.
  3. Jcann

Jcann Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Dusted mine this morning. We only saw 6 hens and 2 long beards. We pulled the second Tom off the neighbors property and across the county road but he hung up on the other side of the creek and wouldn’t cross.

AA773AC5-A9DB-4020-ACB7-029DE9FE3F64.jpeg DFBF9D89-80D4-46AE-AC31-F1A45164454E.jpeg

chadh2o, dlbleak, Hodrod and 6 others like this.
  4. murphranch

murphranch Sharpshooter

Met up with forum member ChiefSanley this afternoon after what had to be a long drive from Georgia. I had set up a couple ground blinds for him a few days ago so any human scent would be gone-you do know turkeys have a sense of smell better than any grizzly or brown bear that ever sniffed the air currents- at 2 spots that I’ve seen birds the last 3-4 days. Showed him around and turned him loose for the afternoon only to have it be an uneventful hunt. No birds seen or heard. Going back at it in the morning. Hopefully the birds will participate a little better. Sure hope to make this happen for him and to thank him for his service and his dedication to helping the youth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Jcann

Jcann Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Please supply your source on turkeys having a keen smeller because I believe your information is totally inaccurate.

murphranch and Cowbaby like this.
  6. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have met a couple of folks over the years that I'm pretty sure a turkey could smell lol.

7. InaTreeStand

InaTreeStand Marksman

Please tell me you are serious...

murphranch likes this.
  8. meatGrinder

meatGrinder Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Been out three times since opening day, have gotten skunked hard. My fall flock is gone and my other spots are producing no gobbles. Going to sneak off to some public spots.

retrieverman likes this.
  9. murphranch

murphranch Sharpshooter

I believe if a turkey could smell they would be next to impossible to kill. With the excellent sight and hearing they have now it's hard enough to kill one.
    Chiefstanley finally bagged a bird yesterday evening. Wasn't able to get any pictures because I had to work some cattle and finish up some burning. He is a great guy who has a passion for Turkey hunting. He left out for Kanopolis Kansas to hunt there then he's on to South Dakota for a hunt there. Glad I had the opportunity to help him work on achieving a Grand Slam.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

10. Oklahomabassin

Oklahomabassin Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Great work Murph!