Turkey hunting 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally use a "crystal" call with wooden striker. Its probably a poly carbonate material. Rub a little sandpaper on call to rough it up as the friction is what creates the sound.
I have a crystal pot call that is the loudest one I carry. I can usually get pretty loud with a diaghram, but if it's windy I pull out the crystal pot. Pretty high pitched too.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and an old Ben Lee box call
Wow, there’s a legend from the past! Got quite a few of his hunting tapes, when I first started learning to call turkeys I. Ought a BUNCH of his diaphragms.

I use mouth calls and box calls mainly. I like slates to do some soft calls when they’re closing in.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, there’s a legend from the past! Got quite a few of his hunting tapes, when I first started learning to call turkeys I. Ought a BUNCH of his diaphragms.

I use mouth calls and box calls mainly. I like slates to do some soft calls when they’re closing in.
It definitely is and I don’t remember where I bought it. It was in the 80s.

I recently bought an expensive box call and I don’t use it, it doesn’t sound as good as my BL. So Ben is my prime box still.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought this plaque off eBay for cheap, and it turned out to be pretty decent. I don’t know what taxidermists charge for a fan/beard/spur mount, but I have about $30 in this one.
IMG_0758.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom