Turkey Season Picture Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I got this one yesterday morning hunting with a buddy. We set up close to a roost and had turkeys in front of us for 2 hrs but they would not come in. It was uncomfortable having to sit that long still and always in their view. Finally the flock moved past us about 40 yards behind and my buddy knocked down the biggest tom. We got back to the truck and all of a sudden birds were gobbling everywhere. I think we split up the flock and killed the dominant bird and they all got going at once. We talked a minute and decided to head back into the woods to see if I could get one. We moved around a hill to come from a different direction and got within 100 yards of some gobbling birds and I had my buddy set 30 yards behind me. He yelped a couple times and they walked in about 10 yards from me and the little 20 ga double on improved knocked him right down. Was a good morning in the woods!

View attachment 159038

Great bird congrats!!

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
F9633C1B-1ED6-4CFC-A774-56409BC654EA.jpeg
I got this young’n this morning, just a jake but one of the most fun hunts I’ve had in years. Had a friend let me hunt his place and they were gobbling like crazy on the land south of his his, couldn’t hunt that place so I make a half mile walk back north, hear and see two gobblers so I put a sneak on them and wind up in a ditch I could kneel down in, started calling and gobbling at the birds and just waited.

A few minutes later from the top of the hill where the birds were the boss hen came hauling freight down the hill like a race horse. She stayed within 15-20 feet of me putting. I purred, clucked and soft yelped and she calmed down. Well here come a second hen dragging three jakes with her, man were they gobbling and putting in a show at 30 yards and well, here is the result.

Latest posts

Top Bottom