TW reports USSA possible foreclosure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
I'm in agreement as well that the bank has a right to protect itself. It just turns my stomache a little that they moved as quickly as they did. Hopefully, Okie common sense and cooler heads will prevail.
An additional loan in August of 2008 of $312K was made to USSA.
They may not be profitable or barely making their expenses.
If that is the case, then that may be the reason the bank moved as fast as they did.
Banks want their money back and won't hesitate to take over a business to insure they do get it back.

joshuasmaximus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
An additional loan in August of 2008 of $312K was made to USSA.
They may not be profitable or barely making their expenses.
If that is the case, then that may be the reason the bank moved as fast as they did.
Banks want their money back and won't hesitate to take over a business to insure they do get it back.

It is possible that they weren't making money in 2008 or maybe they had some expensive project and Mr. Fee wanted to spread some risk to the bank (even rich guys take out loans). That doesn't have anything to do with the financial picture today. I think their new membership model is a good one and if they can make payroll and fight off the bank they could really build something that average Joe's like me can enjoy in addition to Pro's.

From an outsiders prospective, I think the bank moving so quickly against USSA when they had an executive team in place to fill the President's shoes and keep the doors open means that they either have no faith in the financial viability of USSA or they are vultures. Bankers hate risk and have no vision for businesses that don't have proven models so who knows what the F&M officers are up to.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is possible that they weren't making money in 2008 or maybe they had some expensive project and Mr. Fee wanted to spread some risk to the bank (even rich guys take out loans). That doesn't have anything to do with the financial picture today. I think their new membership model is a good one and if they can make payroll and fight off the bank they could really build something that average Joe's like me can enjoy in addition to Pro's.

From an outsiders prospective, I think the bank moving so quickly against USSA when they had an executive team in place to fill the President's shoes and keep the doors open means that they either have no faith in the financial viability of USSA or they are vultures. Bankers hate risk and have no vision for businesses that don't have proven models so who knows what the F&M officers are up to.

The bank knows USSA's financial condition and you an I don't. Or anyone here that will make it public.
Business is business. USSA doesn't give out free memberships and the bank doesn't give money away for free.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bank knows USSA's financial condition and you an I don't. Or anyone here that will make it public.

Thus it's probably best to watch rather than type in this scenario and not fomment rumor and speculation given that so many forum members are affected by this.

I generally consider that good manners but I don't think they hand those out much anymore.........

Michael Brown

J3ST3R-M4A3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope everything works out. ETA: Need more steel on south carbine. :)

ai51.tinypic.com_2mmtydg.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not pretend to know all the ins and outs about what is going on, but if there was "key man" insurance on Mr. Fee it could be that the bank had to file to protect their interest. Just something to think about.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thus it's probably best to watch rather than type in this scenario and not fomment rumor and speculation given that so many forum members are affected by this.

I generally consider that good manners but I don't think they hand those out much anymore.........

Michael Brown

Politeness and personal feelings don't carry much weight with financial institutions when it comes to losses or profits.
Personally, I hope USSA succeeds in overcoming this difficulty.
But after all it's a business.
And I don't think anyone is guaranteeing a profit for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom