TW reports USSA possible foreclosure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, it would be nice to get an official statement on the subject. I really hope everything works out. I love the shooting academy and because of the quality of the facility I shoot more than I ever have now. It is by far the best shooting establishment I have ever seen and I am sure that there will be no lack of support for the academy, everyone loves this place.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the bank is doing is protecting its loan. I've seen this happen many times before.
If the bank doesn't step in and waits, in many cases in the past, the family, employees or whomever totes off everything of value and abandons the place. This ruins a perfectly viable business.
Its just like if you die tomorrow the state freezes your bank accounts, blocks access to your safety deposit box, Etc.

With a good lawyer, a good business plan and 3rd party oversight they should get thru it. As long as nobody Panics!

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are concerned, just pay for the class or whatever with a credit card. If everything continues as normal, you take the class. If they get dragged into bankruptcy or closure, then you call the credit card company and get your money back. Credit card vs. cash/check payments for future classes are handled differently in a bankruptcy situation. One, you get your money back if the class doesn't happen; the other, you don't.

If they get to the point where they will not take credit card payments for a future class, that's when I'd start being very concerned and cautious.

ManDown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
couldn't find it.. link please

http://www.usshootingacademy.com/

About 1/2 way down the page...it really doesn't address the foreclosure story on the news but it does say that will continue to succeed.

I guess it's just a wait and see thing for us members and they'll let us know something when it's the right time. I'm sure they need time to get things together themselves because I doubt anybody suspected Mr. Fee to pass away so suddenly.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are a member there you have a valid concern and wanting some information is appropriate. But if it were me I would would send out a form letter to all my members rather than announce it to the world via an internet forum. I'm just thinking out loud here, not trying to start anything.

I truly hope they go on and are successful. It's probably the nicest privately owned facility in the country except for the NRA's Whittington Center, and it's an asset to Oklahoma that I hate to lose.

acpjosh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people are not arguing about the quality of the staff or facilities. The members including myself would like an official statement backed up with facts about this story. Not just the we are doing great blah blah blah. We want proof to support the claims. We are not attacking or being negative we are just wondering about the situation and future. These are legitimate concerns from the customers of USSA.
I wasn't defending staff or facility, I was I was reflecting on the devotion that so many of us have for the place. A strong following will help us succeed. Steve nor myself can give you the facts that you want. Be patient and let our management get all the facts first. Please forgive me if I came off as defensive, I can hardly get gas without hearing some ones opinion on the situation.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great bunch of guys, great shooters, lots of skills. IMHO, USSA is one of the reasons why Tulsa is probably one of the best cities to live in if you are a recreational practical defensive pistol/carbine shooter.

I hear this all the time from folks visiting our local club & major matches from other areas... how they would love to move here because of all the great clubs, matches and training we have here. We truly are blessed, and USSA is an important part of that.

It's a great facility we can all be proud of as Tulsans, and I hope & pray USSA makes it out of this with whatever marketing changes are needed to market their services/facilities, stronger than ever.

Bravo 3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew Tom well and gave him his first handgun shooting lession which started him down this path. I told anyone that there was no way Tommy would go the way he did unless FeeOil & Gas was in trouble,which it appears was the case.
Tommy and I were good friends and I was probably the first person he told of his plans for USSA which he orginally said he had no plans of it making any money and he would fund it from his oil business and I convinced him that it should at least pay its expenses which he listened to and agreed to.
USSA could not borrow anything and had to be funded by Tom and his business,I didn't ask and just thought Tom funded it and not taken a loan but I was obviously wrong.
As Steve said earlier I hope that the bank will seperate the two and have a 3rd party that knows the business come in and get USSA on its feet and set up a reasonable payment plan that can be made.
I have not been to USSA since Tom took me there just before it opened, the club/pro shop was not even there at that time.
I hope that USSA is able to survive and the bank does the right thing because Tommy did build the ultimate shooting facility!
I will always miss Tommy and keep Bridget and the girls in my prayers.

Gods Speed Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom