Uhmmmm ... I'm glad I'm old ... 😐

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll see your 4 pedal for this Two "dimmer".

View attachment 514239

I have personally driven vehicles with the floor mounted dimmer switch, but I've never seen one where a second switch was located so near the clutch pedal. The vehicles that I drove had the dimmer switch closer to the left "wall" of the floorboard and further up than where either of these are located.

Floor Mounted Pedals and Dimmer Switch.jpg

Question: is that upper switch activated when the clutch pedal is pressed all the way to the floor? My thought is that it doesn't necessarily have to be a switch controlling the high and low beams of the headlights.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep start switch
Remember the Buicks that had them under the gas pedal?

I think Dad's pickup was an International and the starter button was just to the right of the accelerator. One could have their right foot on both the accelerator and the start switch at the same time. I did find this picture online, although I can't say it is of an International.

Old Fashioned Starter Pedal1.jpg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Dad's pickup was an International and the starter button was just to the right of the accelerator. One could have their right foot on both the accelerator and the start switch at the same time. I did find this picture online, although I can't say it is of an International.

View attachment 514531
Looks like my old 57 Chevy half ton.

Latest posts

Top Bottom