Under Armour Valsetz RTS Boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone o n a pair of these and if so, are they as poorly built as the online reviews say? They look great and are super light buy the reviews say they fall apart after limited use. I was thinking about buying a pair for the Run and Gun but don't want to waste my money if they don't last.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/under-armour-mens-valsetz-rts-boots

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the prior model and they sucked. Two days of wear and they where shredded. Also had another model I ordered at same time one month later I sent them both back under armour should've stayed out of the footwear market. Really turned me off to the brand As a whole. If you want a quality boot that's similar check out some vasque's or even the lowa zephyr my favorite light weight shoes are the lowa renegade II relatively inexpensive as far as high end footwear is concerned.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the reviews I've read, that's what I've heard. I'll have to look at the Iowa boots, I've never heard of them but I don't know a lot about boots either. Thanks for the info!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest giving the danner melee boot a look. I wear them at work and they are great. Gore Tex lined and 100% waterproof. Gelco sales them. They are designed for police units and such that have to fast rope and stuff. Almost feels like a high top tennis shoe.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a set of those. I didn't give them heavy heavy use. They were ok, but weren't particularly comfortable for me. They didn't fall apart on me, but I didn't beat them up, either.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions and those Nike boots looks pretty nice but I ended up buying a pair of Merrel Yakota trail shoes. They're nice and lightweight and should work for the race.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For anyone reading this after, i looked for boots a couple of months, read alot of reviews, initially liked the UA jungle rats but the reviews were bad. Quallity issues. After reading reviews of active millitary in Afghanistan, i went with the Rocky SV2. Coyote brown. Pricey, but good boots. Like wearing trainers, and quiet. Have a pair of Bates, you can hear me comin from 50 yards away. The Rocky's are silent. Seem very well made. Just my opinion. Read other online reviews but give em a look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom