Underground tornado shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If FEMA does decide to do another rebate program will it be for that date forward or possibly retroactive. I would hate to go ahead and get one now and then miss out on a sizable refund, even if you have to wait to get it for some time.

I'd get one regardless of FEMA. Why is it the federal governments job to pay for these? This very attitude is why our countries debt is out of control. More of that "I'm gonna get me some" attitude. People need to buck up and take personal responsibility for themselves.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be careful burying shipping containers, there have been several cases of them collapsing under the weight of the dirt. They are very strong and designed to be stacked, but the weight is all carried on the corners. They are basically a tubular steel box frame with sheet metal sides and top, the roof and sides are not even 1/8" thick (I just cut window holes in one this week).

bigwilly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd get one regardless of FEMA. Why is it the federal governments job to pay for these? This very attitude is why our countries debt is out of control. More of that "I'm gonna get me some" attitude. People need to buck up and take personal responsibility for themselves.

Wow, what an absurd comment. I do plan to get one regardless. Waiting to buy something because you have good reason to believe that it is about to go on sale is not being a freeloader, it's being a smart consumer. Both myself and my wife are veterans with her doing 20, so go bark at someone else.

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, what an absurd comment. I do plan to get one regardless. Waiting to buy something because you have good reason to believe that it is about to go on sale is not being a freeloader, it's being a smart consumer. Both myself and my wife are veterans with her doing 20, so go bark at someone else.

No.. waiting for a sale is NOT the same as waiting to screw your neighbor out of his hard earned tax money to safeguard your life. I'm a vet to...What does that have to do with anything......

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ruff! ruff!! ruff!!

Rut Roh!

Thats not a sale, thats entitlement mentality

Is your well being of your Family during an F5 tornado worth waiting on the Gooberment?

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody is going to wait for install if they are buying now - storm shelter places went from caught up to about a month behind on installation after this last bout of storms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom