Underground tornado shelter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would not accept one dollar from FEMA.

I will. The SMS household pays more than $2000 a month in state and federal income taxes....I have zero problem with taking less than one month of it back out to pay for 75% of a shelter.

I paid for it, it's mine.

35 Whelen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After looking at and sitting in a couple other brands I stopped off and looked at the eight person size Ground Zero in garage floor shelter yesterday after work at I-240 and Western.

I'm going to call and book a install date with them later this morning......it's just the wife and I so their eight person will be plenty big enough for us.

They are booking installs for early June now......Note; Save yourself some money, it's a competitive market and it pays to dicker on their $2995.00 price.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would not accept one dollar from FEMA.

Me either. Regardless of how much I pay in taxes I'm not going to be part of the NANNY STATE mentality. They want you to constantly be sucking on the tit. To depend on the government. If you need a shelter then you need to pay for it yourself. It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

What do you think our ancestors did here 100 years ago? They buckled up and took care of their own needs.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me either. Regardless of how much I pay in taxes I'm not going to be part of the NANNY STATE mentality. They want you to constantly be sucking on the tit. To depend on the government. If you need a shelter then you need to pay for it yourself. It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

What do you think our ancestors did here 100 years ago? They buckled up and took care of their own needs.

I could pay cash for it today, but I've already payed for it...many times over. I not sucking on the tit...I'm making a withdrawal from my account. Why on earth should I refuse the funds when I pay more than the grant amount every month?

Curious, since you are raising the personal responsibility flag. Do you not avail yourself of any government services in the name of personal responsibility?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could pay cash for it today, but I've already payed for it...many times over. I not sucking on the tit...I'm making a withdrawal from my account. Why on earth should I refuse the funds when I pay more than the grant amount every month?

Curious, since you are raising the personal responsibility flag. Do you not avail yourself of any government services in the name of personal responsibility?

No, I don't. I never viewed taxes paid as some type of personal account I could withdraw from. When the May 24th tornado hit out here in Piedmont I never even thought about asking FEMA to help with what little damage I had. I know a few others out here that felt the same. Spent many manhours helping them cleanup and get back on track. I know of others that asked for FEMA help and they are still waiting.

Income taxes were never meant to be some type of personal savings account. I'm a retired State of Alaska employee so I won't be getting much from Social Security, which you are entitled to, since we were not required to pay into it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will. The SMS household pays more than $2000 a month in state and federal income taxes....I have zero problem with taking less than one month of it back out to pay for 75% of a shelter.

I paid for it, it's mine.

I'm with you. If I qualify for some program I'll be there ...

Dang guys ... ever heard of a "DIFFERENCE of opinion" before? I swear some of ya'll are gonna bleed plumb to death before your cycles end ...

ETA: Oh wait ... It's Reddog and Yukon ... nevermind guys!! :D

35 Whelen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just called Ground Zero and I'm booked for Friday morning June 8th for the install.........eight person size in the garage floor.

The earliest I could have had it done was Mon. June 4th but I decided to have it done on a Friday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom