Underrated SHTF Items

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh yeah? over a billion of people don't have TP right now, today. Guess what? they dont die of the lack. If the American Indians didn't have it 200 years ago, obvioiusly then, you don't need it for shtf, either, if you are sneaky enough and careful enough. We have newspapers, catalogs, magazines, yellow pages, etc. It aint like you're going to be flushing it, post shtf, you know. So the lack of "bio-degrability" means nothing. All you really need is some leaves, corncobs, etc, and soap and water.

why would you need to build anything? If shtf, so many will die that there will be a huge surplus of housing. Many of the Viet Cong lived in tunnels for 30 years, guys, while they fought the Japanese, the French and us. they WON, remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psP5G7aodj8

This cleans you right up and gets you some exercise. We can learn a lot from mans best friend.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading a article the other day that was written by some self proclaimed survival expert and he was talking about keeping 5 pounds of powdered laundry soap in his go bag, so I told my wife she needed to pack a bag with dish and laundry soap and other cleaning supplies so we could have a clean hut. The look I got could have melted steel and she told me she didn't want to wash my stuff and she sure as hell wasn't washing it after SHTF.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was reading a article the other day that was written by some self proclaimed survival expert and he was talking about keeping 5 pounds of powdered laundry soap in his go bag, so I told my wife she needed to pack a bag with dish and laundry soap and other cleaning supplies so we could have a clean hut. The look I got could have melted steel and she told me she didn't want to wash my stuff and she sure as hell wasn't washing it after SHTF.

You have a good woman there! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom