Unfair suppressor cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should be grateful the unfair TAX has not been made more unfair? I read the Wikipedia quote you cited (word for word) above. A bit of an elitist view when you determine great material prosperity WE currently enjoy. Are you sharing your wealth with those that may have a difficult time with this added expense (TAX)? How good of you.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems glocktogo has the time to read the FFA of 1930(sic) amended and amended to ad nauseum and I don't. 51 year shooter and hunter...I get it. Referencing me to my error is different than a barb about education. I have that as well.
It was a rant. Not a manifesto well researched, documented and cited.
I like this forum because of the local identity and the very positive posters who have tons of great information and pause for thought on wide and varied issues.
This is still one of the better online venues that I can only compare to the Glock Forum.
Perhaps reading the post is in my wheel house.
what happened to:
"From this day forward, no post. " ?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google the National Firearms Act of 1934. You can thank the gangsters of the 30's for the creation of this inconvenience. It was originally created to make it a federal crime and felony to possess all those things we like to play with. I believe the intent was to keep NFA items out of the public as a whole. In 1934, a person making a dollar a day wage could not afford to pay $200.00 for a tax stamp. The people who did legally own guns were using them for hunting to feed their families.

Then look at the infamous change of the NFA on May 19, 1986 and the machine gun ban. And then there is the Import ban resulting in 922r and the required number of US parts in foreign made weapons.

Nowadays simple possession of an unregistered NFA item is a Felony and carries a 10 year imprisionment and $250,000.00 fine.

Check out all of those and see how many screws, nuts and bolts you lose.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to pay to play. I agree that the stamp sucks and that suppressors shouldn't be subject to the NFA, but they are. Many of us here have thousands of dollars wrapped up just in stamps and are VERY happy that the $200 hasn't been increased.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should be grateful the unfair TAX has not been made more unfair? I read the Wikipedia quote you cited (word for word) above. A bit of an elitist view when you determine great material prosperity WE currently enjoy. Are you sharing your wealth with those that may have a difficult time with this added expense (TAX)? How good of you.
I cited a quote from Wikidiocy in my post? Really?? Maybe Wikidiocy knows all about the FFA of 1930 as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom