Unfair suppressor cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tax was added in 1934 to keep the average guy from buying any NFA weapon. If you choose not to buy because of the tax, then they have won. The fact that they don't want me to have these weapons is the reason I do buy them. YMMV.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my question would be, if Oklahoma passed a law making suppressors made in Oklahoma legal to own in Oklahoma, would the NFA apply in Oklahoma?

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least we can purchase them in this state and hunt with them. It could always be worse... we could be one of those restrictive states. Little things like that make me thankful of living in Oklahoma. As far as affordability goes it just takes some saving and my wife's permission. I would rather have one rifle with the option of a silencer than a couple rifles that I don't get enough time to shoot. I just look at the positive... good luck to you.

Last edited:

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im just glad it's still only $200 bucks and only $5 on AOW'S. I know if there were any changes made in the NFA law's tax stamp's would be much much higher $500 ,$1,000 $2000 who know's how much. Then lets see how many screws we lose.

The $200 NFA tax set in 1934 would be about $3600 in today's dollars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom