Unfair suppressor cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because for 51 years I had no reason to know the NFA as I grew up having to use fire arms to hunt and to eat. There were no need or reason to know the NFA for 51 years. I also do not know most of the Federal register regulations that are the size of a house produced newly yearly. I don't also know the exact distance from the earth to the sun even though it is very important to us (the sun).
I know now the NFA, as much as I ever want to know, only because I just now are needing a suppressor to be a good neighbor where I intend to set up a shooting range (private) on my land. I don't know the atomic weight of nitrogen as well but if I ever do I will find out.
It's not the money. Fortunately I can afford to buy one or as many as I need. That's not so for others. My misinformation and "rant" was from my local FFL and talking to someone other than the owner about the purchase of a suppressor and listened to a similar rant from someone that seemed to know his stuff. MY MISTAKE.
As far as knowledge is our strength, I agree. I also support, financially, the NRA and the Political Action Committee (PAC) that supports our 2nd amendment rights. I educate myself on the issues and support those actions that I feel are appropriate.
I guess the biggest mistake I have made, on this site, is making a knee jerk statement without facts. Even so, I cannot support any tax/stamp/user fee that is enacted by Rule or regulation (Federal or State) that limits the availability of legal weapons/suppressors that excludes a portion of the population that are not as financially secure as some. Like me 51 years ago.
Working with state and fed legislation over 30 years, I would love to point out Federal acts that directly impinge on your rights that you have no clue about and say "You should know after 51 years?
PHEEWWW. I'm exhausted

We get it, you're offended. Stop the butt hurt, no manifesto needed

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not real sure why the Fed can prosecute, if you do not cross a state line, how would they have the legal standing under the Constitution?

It shouldn't, but until the shameful decision in Wickard v. Filburn gets overturned, it will, and the BATFE and DoJ will make sure it does.

FWIW, it's already legal to own Made In Oklahoma suppressors in Oklahoma, they're just not NFA-exempt. ;) Unfortunately, no amount of legislating in OKC can change that.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not real sure why the Fed can prosecute, if you do not cross a state line, how would they have the legal standing under the Constitution?
Look up Wickard v. Filburn. Under that monumental blunder by the Supreme Court, if it touches interstate commerce at all, the Feds can claim jurisdiction. It's pretty much impossible to make an NFA item without steel or aluminum, and when's the last time you saw an active iron or bauxite mine in Oklahoma?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as knowledge is our strength, I agree. I also support, financially, the NRA and the Political Action Committee (PAC) that supports our 2nd amendment rights. I educate myself on the issues and support those actions that I feel are appropriate.

Really not trying to dogpile here but the NRA supported the NFA in 1934. It's not good enough to just sign up with the NRA-ILA and call it good. I'd suggest expanding support to more staunch gun rights advocates like the GOA. Not necessarily cancel the NRA membership but definetly expand your support of full gun rights and hopefully the NRA can be swayed to support NFA repeal.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

Latest posts

Top Bottom