Unidentified rifle (?) magazine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got some stuff from one of my sons (it was given to him by someone who found it in a rental house).
In it was a .22 rifle (I think) magazine.
I tried to take some pictures but they turnout pretty much useless.
The only marking I can find is a 1 on the bottom right hand side, there may be 5 - 1's or even some other number or letter, but there is a scratch at the same place, there is definitely one 1.
It's metal 2 3/8" by 1 11/16" by 1/2". It has a catch/release on the back (towards shooter) bottom, it looks like it slides up a guide rail in to the rifle

Is there a database somewhere that might have pictures of magazines?

I'll try some more photos later and put them up if I get anything.

If you look at the bottom of it, it looks like a Marsh Funnel.

Last edited:

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like the ones that go into a rifle that I have. Would you sell it if I can use it?

Look up a picture of a Mossberg Model 42 magazine. I have a Westernfield Model 45 that is the same gun.

I do know what a Marsh Funnel is. Are you an old roughneck?

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounds like the ones that go into a rifle that I have. Would you sell it if I can use it?

Look up a picture of a Mossberg Model 42 magazine. I have a Westernfield Model 45 that is the same gun.

Can You send me a picture?
Old and roughneck. Ya.

I'll get it weighed and you can mail me a SASE with right postage and its yours.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It looks like to same one, except, the knurled knob is missing.

I'll weigh it and let you know how much it will cost to mail it.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 29049

View attachment 29047

View attachment 29048

The Knurled lnob on the bottom is a pin that scews into it so that it can handle shorts.

This is a picture of one of mine. I took the knurled knob out for this picture because I assumed that your would not have it. If you want to shoot long rifle ammo you have to take it out. Most older ones are missing the knob.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom