Unsafe 9mm ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was given a bag of loose ammo, 9mm. Appears to be 115 ball, 2nd time out at the range with this stuff. 1st time had cases splitting, this time cases blewout right above the rim. Happened twice, first one scared me, the second time it hurt. Have half of a 3lb coffee can, 250-350 rds? can the bullets be pulled is this stuff worth anything?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it could be pulled. Use an inertia bullet puller. Since you have no idea how it's loaded, discard the powder, weigh the bullet, find new load data and start over.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sure the bullets can be pulled, but the real question is how bad you want those bullets. thats a lot of mystery powder nobody will want anything to do with and kinda sounds like maybe that brass is done for. Are they super hot when you shoot them or is the brass just worn plum out? So got any pics? Are they cast bullets, round nose plated, or some special home defense round? What its worth will probably be very little and take lots of work to get.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would pull the bullets, wet down and discard the powder, then inspect the cases carefully before deciding if to reload them. I would also inspect the fired cases if you still have them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old gun powder makes great fetilizer.
Spread it and wet it down.

That is what I do.

Shotty, do you ever get up to Edmond? I ask because I do not drive much with my eyes screwing up some days, but would trade you 100 rounds of factory Monarch for it. I do not remember is brass or steel case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom