Update on the creedmoor after mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tipped my butt to the Ada gun range and just got back. Here's the results.
Not very good but better than before I dremeled the stock.
Low left are my first few shots. Got settled and shot the middle group. Moved up to the right top. Then ran a lot at the bottom right. Barrel was getting hot and finished up top left and because of the hot barrel the group started to spread.
My gun does not like the Hornady Black Box 140 grain. Wish I had not bought them. Still have two more boxes left and going to shoot them out tomorrow.
Will be trying some 125 grain hornady next week.
I suck!:explode:
American pred post stock mod.JPG

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to get with someone to watch what you are doing to see if another set of eyes can figure out what you are doing?
Every shot is in the 5inch circle so I would not say you suck LOL. Just something small you are or are not doing to change your shot !
And looking at all the targets that could very well be the ammo!! Maybe you just need to throw that Hornaday on the back shelf for an Eat and Shoot and try some different ammo before you resort to the I suck... :cool:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you had a chance to get with someone to watch what you are doing to see if another set of eyes can figure out what you are doing?
Every shot is in the 5inch circle so I would not say you suck LOL. Just something small you are or are not doing to change your shot !
And looking at all the targets that could very well be the ammo!! Maybe you just need to throw that Hornaday on the back shelf for an Eat and Shoot and try some different ammo before you resort to the I suck... :cool:
I've just about decided to ditch the Hornady black box 140. I'm going to use it at a long range just out of town. Will be throwing rocks out to 600 and 700 yards and if I hit, luck will be THE factor.
I sure wish someone here knows someone that's bought the new Boyd's At one.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking into a Boyds for my 30-06 and everything I have read about them has been good!! Seems you may have to "finish" the stock a little for a perfect fit or have someone do it if you are comfortable with a little sanding. Also read that customer service may be an issue getting someone to answer the phone.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Customer service sucks. The At one is made for the Ruger American with no fitting required. Not sure about the floating or bedding and Boyd's customer service was of no use other than emailing me back "do what you want".
WTH?
Anyway, I hate the factory stock.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got a Boyds stock for my Savage MKII-FVSR and I didn't need to do any additional fitting. I can slide a dollar bill between barrel and stock the full length and the receiver fit like a glove.
Customer service aside (No firsthand experience with it myself, I made the clicks on the website with the gun I have) Boyds makes a quality product.
Too bad they can't answer fitment questions before you drop the coin on one though.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the Boyd's At One a few minutes ago.
Went to the range today, with better results. Trimmed a bit of the inside of the stock that was also touching on the under side.
Here's today's results with the Hornady black box 140 at 100 yards and no wind.
First three rounds top left. Adjusted scope as reflected in low right. Another adjustment and 3 rounds top right with more concentration on trigger control. Center is the best group.
Bottom left is just working on trigger control.
Ada cre 5 29 17.JPG

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the range today, I got to shoot a few rounds thru a guy's Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Creed. I was very impressed! Low recoil and quiet (it was suppressed).

Latest posts

Top Bottom