US preparing to launch cruise missile attack on Syria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've seen Israel react to Hezbollah rocket attacks - they invade - and we stop them. CNN starts showing dead babies on the enemy side and Israel is villified. They are quiete capable of eliminating Iran, too. Permanently.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen Israel react to Hezbollah rocket attacks - they invade - and we stop them. CNN starts showing dead babies on the enemy side and Israel is villified. They are quiete capable of eliminating Iran, too. Permanently.

They have nukes, Iran doesn't. Any wonder why Iran wants them, too? The whole "wipe them off the map" thing from Iran was an intentional mistranslation. If I was Iran, I'd want them too, though there is still no evidence that they are actually building them - but I'm sure they probably are. In a conventional war, I'd see Israel and Iran fighting to a stalemate. The Izzys aren't as tough as everyone makes them out to be.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sure, if they're willing to launch a nuke and suffer worldwide condemnation, the loss of US support and their eventual demise.

If you read up on Israeli warfare tactics, they rely upon quick preemptive conventional strikes (like the one they did on the Syrian nuclear reactor in 2007) to thwart emerging threats. They don't have the defensive or economic depth to sustain a protracted conflict like America and Russia do.

What Israel is facing now is a widening of the Islamic threat as soon as they get done fighting each other. Iran didn't have time to piddle with Israel during the Iraq-Iran war and currently, neither does Syris. The real threat to Israel comes after, and they know that.

The US supporting a Sunni uprising in Syria really doesn't play in their favor in the long game. :(

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
US sends fifth destroyer to eastern Med

WASHINGTON - The US Navy has deployed a fifth destroyer to the eastern Mediterranean, a defense official told AFP on Thursday, as expectations grow of an imminent strike on Syria.

The USS Stout, a guided missile destroyer, is "in the Mediterranean, heading and moving east" to relieve the Mahan, said the official, who said both ships might remain in place for the time being.

Other destroyers in the region -- the Ramage, the Barry and the Gravely -- criss-cross the Mediterranean and could launch their Tomahawk missiles toward Syria if so directed by US President Barack Obama.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/af...CNG.767c1e2c94fe15db9f2d7d5930fe4a3f.01&hl=en

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glocktogo, I have speculated, what would happen if Israel were not to react to rocket attacks with reprisal, but instead allow it to happen, and film dead Israeli babies, have CNN over there showing Israeli victims helpless against the Islamic Fundamentalists. And if Israel were to just allow it to go on, and on...Do you think the hand wringing "Got to help these People" John McCain would go over there and plead for action to help the Israelis?

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the real reason behind it all comes out. It was a calculated plan to get the attention diverted so he could fire off some more EOs. Does anyone actually believe he has the stones to fire on Syria? With all the warnings and threats, it has become much more than just about Syria. Russia will get involved, they have warships in the med, ready to fire on our ships, should they fire at Syria. We find ourselves in a modern day Cuban missile crisis, and Obama is no JFK.

We've got a former community organizer going up against a 16 year former KGB officer. What could go wrong?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're mistaking what it takes to fire on Syria. All it takes is ignorance and arrogance, which he has in spades. Without so much as a how do you do, it seems we've slipped back in time and are now experiencing The Cold War v2.0. This is the closest we've come to a hot war with Russia since Able Archer in 1983. The problem with that is Reagan actually has some depth to his team regarding foreign affairs. Obama's foreign policy team couldn't outsmart a Nigerian scam artist. :(

Which was exactly my point. JFK and his advisors managed to succeed in getting talks handled with Khruschev, averting war, which was extremely close at hand. Here we have a dipthong that thinks he has the chops to pull something like this off, but doesn't. he isn't going to community organize his way out of this one. He will either back down from his own threat (just like the kim dong dildos), making the US weaker, OR pull the damn trigger, bringing us into a real opportunity for a third world war. Maybe that is what they want, after all, it took WWII to really get this country back on it's feet after the GD. War makes money. I don't know, but I am seriously concerned.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocktogo, I have speculated, what would happen if Israel were not to react to rocket attacks with reprisal, but instead allow it to happen, and film dead Israeli babies, have CNN over there showing Israeli victims helpless against the Islamic Fundamentalists. And if Israel were to just allow it to go on, and on...Do you think the hand wringing "Got to help these People" John McCain would go over there and plead for action to help the Israelis?

In some form or fashion, Israel would still get the blame. I'm not a huge Israel supporter, more of a "let them do as they wish and accept their own consequences" type. I empathize with their plight but sometimes they are their own worst enemy, and that's saying a lot.

The ridiculous part is McCain thinking the US will have any control over a Salafist regime in Syria. Sure it will be a majority rule, but they still hate Israel. Does it matter much whether Hizballah or Hamas is ascendant in Lebanon? They both want to wipe Israel off the map. There are currently over 600,000 Syrian refugees in Lebannon. Guess what groups of people are highly susceptible to indoctrination and recruitment into terrorist organizations? If you just said "Refugees!", give yourself a prize. Further, expecting Turkey and Saudi Arabia to exert control over al Qaeda affiliated groups if the Salafists win is exceedingly foolish. How many of the 9/11 attackers were Saudi? Oh yeah, great control on that front!

I honestly don't know what McCain and Graham's angles are, unless they're shilling for major military arms manufacturers. As foolish and arrogant as they are, even I would still like to believe they aren't that craven. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom