US preparing to launch cruise missile attack on Syria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got a former community organizer going up against a 16 year former KGB officer. What could go wrong?

What happens when you take candy from a baby? We've already had a prime example of the poutfest when he didn't get his way on gun control.

Which was exactly my point. JFK and his advisors managed to succeed in getting talks handled with Khruschev, averting war, which was extremely close at hand. Here we have a dipthong that thinks he has the chops to pull something like this off, but doesn't. he isn't going to community organize his way out of this one. He will either back down from his own threat (just like the kim dong dildos), making the US weaker, OR pull the damn trigger, bringing us into a real opportunity for a third world war. Maybe that is what they want, after all, it took WWII to really get this country back on it's feet after the GD. War makes money. I don't know, but I am seriously concerned.

You're definitely not alone on that point! :(

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
U.N. five permanent members to meet on Syria Thursday

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The five permanent U.N. Security Council members will meet again on Thursday to discuss an alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria last week as Western powers consider possible military action against the Syrian government, U.N. diplomats said.

The meeting will take place at 2:30 p.m. EDT (1830 GMT), the diplomats said on condition of anonymity. One envoy said the Russians had requested the meeting.

Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States held an inconclusive meeting on Wednesday on a draft Security Council resolution that would authorize "all necessary force" in response to the alleged gas attack.

The five permanent members have veto powers on the Security Council. Russia, Syria's main arms supplier, as well as China, have already vetoed three resolutions condemning Assad.

Russia has made clear it opposes any military action in Syria and suggested the rebels may have launched last week's attack that killed hundreds of people in suburbs east of Damascus. Syria has also blamed the rebels and urged Ban to investigate reports of rebel gas attacks.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/World/2013/08/30/UN-veto-powers-to-meet-again-on-Syria-Thursday.aspx

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<<<Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States held an inconclusive meeting on Wednesday on a draft Security Council resolution that would authorize "all necessary force" in response to the alleged gas attack.>>>

<<<Russia has made clear it opposes any military action in Syria>>>

So then all necessary force can not include any military action.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a Muslim dictator killing his Al-Qaida subjects who are rebelling against him. ??????????????????
Let them annihilate each other, WE DON'T CARE, stay the F**** out of it.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<<<Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States held an inconclusive meeting on Wednesday on a draft Security Council resolution that would authorize "all necessary force" in response to the alleged gas attack.>>>

<<<Russia has made clear it opposes any military action in Syria>>>

So then all necessary force can not include any military action.

Didnt the Russians and Chinese walk out?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1236567_576708139031724_1973562820_n.jpg

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What happens when you take candy from a baby? We've already had a prime example of the poutfest when he didn't get his way on gun control.

Yep & this time is a even bigger slap IMO b/c he is basically being told by other countries that even though he is the President & has said he was gonna do "xx", he better get his ass in check. I bet that is a impossible pill for him & his administration to swallow.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're mistaking what it takes to fire on Syria. All it takes is ignorance and arrogance, which he has in spades. Without so much as a how do you do, it seems we've slipped back in time and are now experiencing The Cold War v2.0. This is the closest we've come to a hot war with Russia since Able Archer in 1983. The problem with that is Reagan actually has some depth to his team regarding foreign affairs. Obama's foreign policy team couldn't outsmart a Nigerian scam artist. :(
Are you talking about the Reagan who pulled out of Lebanon after 241 marines were blown up in their sleep?
Or the Reagan who secretly sold antiaircraft missiles to the Iranians and then lied to the American people about it?
LAWL

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Reagan who pulled out of Lebanon after 241 marines were blown up in their sleep?
Or the Reagan who secretly sold antiaircraft missiles to the Iranians and then lied to the American people about it?
LAWL

I'm talking about the Reagan that averted an nuclear crisis, realigned US policy towards the USSR and ultimately won Cold War v1.0. Which Reagan did you think we were discussing? LAWL

If you want to participate on that front, go read about Operations RYAN, Able Archer '83 and start your own thread! :D

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm talking about the Reagan that averted an nuclear crisis, realigned US policy towards the USSR and ultimately won Cold War v1.0. Which Reagan did you think we were discussing? LAWL

If you want to participate on that front, go read about Operations RYAN, Able Archer '83 and start your own thread! :D
So..., fiction then.

I thought you might be talking about the Reagan that sent his national security advisor, Bob McFarlane, on a secret mission to Tehran with a cake to express good will.
Yep, brilliant foreign policy in those days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom