US preparing to launch cruise missile attack on Syria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or you got your timeline wrong.

Hey, stop trolling me over here. I can only respond to one thread at a time and you are seriously damaging my calm by switching back and forth.

BTW, my original prediction included a proviso that he may wait until after the G20 summit next week, so I guess there is always that.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, stop trolling me over here. I can only respond to one thread at a time and you are seriously damaging my calm by switching back and forth.

BTW, my original prediction included a proviso that he may wait until after the G20 summit next week, so I guess there is always that.
What would you have him do? If you could tell him what to do, what would you tell him to do?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well he's not going to do it during the summit. Has to be before then.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would you have him do? If you could tell him what to do, what would you tell him to do?

If I could tell him what to do? I would tell him to stop digging the hole. Specifically, back off and and not commit military forces unless he is willing to go the whole distance.
Maybe he could use that down time to concentrate on Rwanda and Sudan, if "humanity and justice" is his goal.
Instead I would encourage the material support of our ally in the region to prevent the civil war in Syria from spilling over into Israel and to a lesser extent Iraq.
Well he's not going to do it during the summit. Has to be before then.

Not really. Why?

Last edited:

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sixth U.S. ship now in eastern Mediterranean 'as precaution'

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A sixth U.S. warship is now operating in the eastern Mediterranean, near five U.S. destroyers armed with cruise missiles that could soon be directed against Syria as part of a "limited, precise" strike, defense officials said late on Friday.

They stressed that the USS San Antonio, an amphibious ship with several hundred U.S. Marines on board, was in the region for a different reason and there were no plans to put Marines on the ground as part of any military action against Syria.

One of the officials said the San Antonio's passage into the Mediterranean was long-planned, but officials thought it prudent to keep the ship in the eastern Mediterranean near the destroyers given the current situation.

"It's been kept there as a precaution," said one of the officials, who was not authorized to speak publicly.

The San Antonio transited through the Suez Canal on Thursday from the Red Sea, and received new orders on Friday to remain in the eastern Mediterranean, near the destroyers, according to defense officials. It is one of three ships that are carrying 2,200 Marines who have been on a six-month deployment in the region around the Arabian peninsula.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE97U01Z20130831?feedType=RSS&irpc=932

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. Why?
He needs to do it before the G20 summit because the Russians won't say jack about it beforehand--the Russians want the summit to come off clean, and there are already rumblings about some G20 members not showing. If he waits 'til after the summit, the Rooskies can say whatever they want about it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He needs to do it before the G20 summit because the Russians won't say jack about it beforehand--the Russians want the summit to come off clean, and there are already rumblings about some G20 members not showing. If he waits 'til after the summit, the Rooskies can say whatever they want about it.

makes sense.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USS Nimitz carrier group rerouted for possible help with Syria

(Reuters) - The nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Nimitz and other ships in its strike group are heading west toward the Red Sea to help support a limited U.S. strike on Syria, if needed, defense officials said on Sunday.

The Nimitz carrier strike group, which includes four destroyers and a cruiser, has no specific orders to move to the eastern Mediterranean at this point, but is moving west in the Arabian Sea so it can do so if asked. It was not immediately clear when the ships would enter the Red Sea, but they had not arrived by Sunday evening, said one official.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...E9800IT20130901?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Saudis Urge Action on Syria

Saudi Arabia, long the most passionate advocate of tough international action against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, struggled Sunday to assemble an Arab coalition that would give the U.S. and other Western countries vital political backing for airstrikes on the Syrian regime.

Even beyond the Syria crisis, Arab analysts and diplomats said Sunday, Arab states were re-examining fundamental security strategies in the wake of President Barack Obama's unexpected decision on Saturday to put on hold proposed U.S.-led attacks on Syrian military targets pending a U.S. congressional vote on such an operation later this month.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323932604579048910595598686.html

When does WWIII start?

Latest posts

Top Bottom