USA Flu kills more than Coronavirus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The coronavirus has killed more than 800 people in china.
The Flu here in the USA has killed over 34,000 for the 2019 season.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2019/04/us-flu-still-elevated-dropping-deaths-high-57000

I wonder if people in china are scared to come here and get the Flu.
I knew the flu kills many more than the recent corona virus outbreak has but I didn't know the numbers were that high last year.

It looks like the numbers are much lower so far this flu season.

Last edited:

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess those corona virus numbers could be reporting as little as 10% of actual numbers.

As for Flu in USA it kills people every day year round. Normally people with week immune systems or other issues already fall to flu. Plus people like Oncologist like to say their patients didn't die of cancer so instead its the flu or pneumonia or anything else they can find to say that their patients died from something other than what they were treating.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus people like Oncologist like to say their patients didn't die of cancer so instead its the flu or pneumonia or anything else they can find to say that their patients died from something other than what they were treating.
That's a nice conspiracy theory, but I'm pretty sure the oncologist doesn't get to determine the cause of death.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The coronavirus has killed more than 800 people in china.
The Flu here in the USA has killed over 34,000 for the 2019 season.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2019/04/us-flu-still-elevated-dropping-deaths-high-57000

I wonder if people in china are scared to come here and get the Flu.

Actually, I don't think so. When we were in Kanab, Utah for 9 months and working at an RV park, we would see tour buses with Chinese lettering going through town just about every day. They hook up with Chinese based tours that bring them to America and then drive them around to several national parks and other attractions.

It was interesting to see one of those tour buses pull into the MacDonald's across the street and 60 people get out and go inside. Later, we stopped in the MacDonald's for ice cream and I was amazed at how small it was inside, compared to what I've seen here in Oklahoma. I guess the Chinese don't mind being crowded into small places.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess those corona virus numbers could be reporting as little as 10% of actual numbers.

This. It's widely believed the Chinese are grossly underreporting the death toll from this; I mean, using logic - they have roughly 400 million people on some kind of lock down, over 800 deaths? I kind of doubt it. Their statistics don't justify their extreme actions.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Chinese Doctor that was treating those with Coronavirus came down with it himself and has died. They are suppressing the actual story, the Chinese government does not want the masses up in arms because of the Coronavirus and the impact on it's economy. On that same subject, the ships that have been quarantined in ports more folks have come down with the virus which more than likely is because the passengers are in close proximity of each other, the ventilation system, the staff who are probably exhausted and want their nightmare to be over and they have grown complacent and stubborn passengers that will do anything to get out of their "rooms" and see daylight because "it isn't going to happen to them." I am of the belief that we haven't heard the last of this Coronavirus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom