Used vehicle help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver96ta

New to the site!
Reaction score
Is there a magical place where people still sell their car. I'm looking for a new car for the wife and I'm so tired of dealing with lots. Between the we have that car and it being gone when you show up and than one lot jacked the price up by 4,000 when we got in the office I'm just done with them

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to be tough no matter who or whear right now. Used cars and trucks are going for silly prices and it's a sellers market. If there's any way you can wait till things settle down some I would.

That being said, I've always done pretty good by first deciding exactly what it is you are looking for, then doing an internet search for that vehicle. If you find one run the Vin through the car fax value site, it's free and takes account for service records. Figure out what you are willing to pay, have you financing set (credit union) then go make your offer. Be ready to walk, do not let emotion (falling in love with it) keep you from walking away from a bad deal. Stay in control and if they start with the BS walk away, another opertunity will show up just be willing to wait.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carvana is pretty interesting and reasonable to market trends. Enterprise sells off their rentals around 30k mile mark, reasonably priced. Found my nephews new car there.

Bought a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix from Enterprise in January 2010. Had 29,xxx miles on it and looked new. Gave $12,800 for it. Found the original window sticker that had the retail of $24,xxx. Put almost 200k on it. Was a great car until a friend of the wife borrowed it then wrecked it.

Que sara, sara.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bought a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix from Enterprise in January 2010. Had 29,xxx miles on it and looked new. Gave $12,800 for it. Found the original window sticker that had the retail of $24,xxx. Put almost 200k on it. Was a great car until a friend of the wife borrowed it then wrecked it.

Que sara, sara.

What a bummer… I have a hard time even letting close family borrow anything of mine…

Latest posts

Top Bottom