USPS, you just have to laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I placed an order Sunday for a Christmas present for my wife, the site I ordered from said it would ship in 4-5 days, so I wasn't sure it would get here in time for Christmas.

Got an email Tuesday saying it had shipped, and it shows out for delivery today. Better than I expected for both getting it shipped, and shipping time.

Just thought I'd post a happy story.... LOL!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
USPS made an a.m. delivery and a p.m. delivery to my house today. I think they may have had a substitute come in just to deliver packages. I am impressed with the service.

They give Christmas assistance when parcel volume exceeds what can be taken in the regular carrier’s vehicle. That is if they have the people to use. To give you an example, sick leave runs about 3% normally. This year it is almost 11%. They have hired temporary help for the Christmas season but you can imagine the efficiency of someone with less than a month on the job. Have I mentioned I’m glad I’m retired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I placed an order Sunday for a Christmas present for my wife, the site I ordered from said it would ship in 4-5 days, so I wasn't sure it would get here in time for Christmas.

Got an email Tuesday saying it had shipped, and it shows out for delivery today. Better than I expected for both getting it shipped, and shipping time.

Just thought I'd post a happy story.... LOL!

Sorry sir. That’s not allowed here. [emoji23]

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chuckle every time I see one of those Amazon Prime Mercedes-Benz Sprinter delivery vans; just wait until Bezos sees his Owning & Operating costs...prices will rise.
If you want to see an Amazon Prime van, just go by the ex-Chevy dealership at Albany and Aspen in BA. That's their holding lot for the area, and it's usually overrun with Amazon vans. And don't try to get gas at the QT catty-cornered from it near the end of the lunch hour, as the pumps are frequently full up with Amazon vans--and not just the blue ones, either. I was by there a week or two back, and every pump had an Amazon driver in a rental box van (mostly white Budgets with Texas plates).

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry sir. That’s not allowed here. [emoji23]

:laugh6:

upload_2020-12-17_7-4-32.png

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere around 98% of my packages arrive on time or early regardless which contractor is delivering it. All my drivers except a temporary Amazon Jackwagon provide exceptional and friendly service.

The few which didn’t are lost packages and the previously mentioned temp dude who thought it was okay to pull a giant u-turn in my yard.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I chuckle every time I see one of those Amazon Prime Mercedes-Benz Sprinter delivery vans; just wait until Bezos sees his Owning & Operating costs...prices will rise.
Any sort of transport is a mess right now; I've got an 86,000 pound trash compactor stuck at the AR/OK border waiting for OK to issue an oversize load to get to Spencer. Day 2 continues and everybody is loosing money.

Wait until all those vans are the "eco-friendly" vans, many of which will be electric. Just have to wonder how much cargo space is taken up with batteries so that the vans will go all day without a re-charge.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait until all those vans are the "eco-friendly" vans, many of which will be electric. Just have to wonder how much cargo space is taken up with batteries so that the vans will go all day without a re-charge.
Not as much as you'd think. Commercial vans don't generally need that much range--Ford's studies have indicated an average of less than 75mi/day, which is the electric Transit's target--so they don't need as much battery capacity. Considering that they're usually parked for 10 or so hours overnight, charging isn't a big issue, and electrics completely eliminate the big maintenance and repair items (namely the powertrain), which also opens up under-chassis space for batteries.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I have about 6 packages in USPS hands, listed for Priority Mail, at least 4 were supposed to be delivered today/tonight. Not one has had a tracking update since the 16th or 17, I don't expect any of them to make it.

Trying to check tracking tonight the site is down.

"Sorry, we're currently experiencing technical difficulties with our tracking application. We thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the issue. Please check back."

I think they're having some overload issues. None of my packages is really time critical, as long as they get here before New Year's, I'll be fine. Just an interesting update to the state of affairs. I get it, I'm not upset.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Placed an order last Saturday and estimated delivery time was originally set for today but has been pushed to this coming Monday. Not a time critical item just hoping to have it before Christmas. I normally have better luck with USPS than FEDEX or UPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom